Black Sea Run, how fun would this be!!! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > World Festivals, Events, Night Clubbing

World Festivals, Events, Night Clubbing The Running of the Bulls, Dance, World Night Clubs, Air Guitar Championships, The Love Parade, The Olympics, Guy Faulks, St. Pattys, Oktoberfest, Carnaval, Indy 500, ...Party on!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Default Black Sea Run, how fun would this be!!!

Just came across this, and DAMN, this would be a fucking BLAST!!!!!

What’s this all about? | Black Sea Run
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
TPunk Moderator

omggggg this looks sooo awesome! someone teach me how to drive so I can do this next year! abkhazia crossing = epic
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

Wow that sounds amazing.... do I smell a Team !TravelPUNK for 2011?

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
TP Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
omggggg this looks sooo awesome! someone teach me how to drive so I can do this next year! abkhazia crossing = epic
I don't think you should learn to drive.... what better way to learn to drive than on a trip like this.... HA that would be awesome!

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
TPunk Moderator

Jesusssss those roads are scary....Nyet officer I don't have a license. Here's $20...now lets move along
Old 04-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via MSN to mooloo

oh my god!! this would be friggen awesome!!! We so need a tpunk team!!

Explore, Dream, Discover." Mark Twain

---------------------------------------------------------------
My World Travelogue - Bloggity Blog
Updated April 2010!
--------------------------------------------------
Soon
NZ or OZ
Saving for a year - 18 months for a decent trip

Soonest
Trying my hand at short walks/tramps in NZ
NZ or OZ Travel
Passport Stamps; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam
mooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
TPunk Moderator

& its not even that expensive to do!!! that could be a pretty awesome marketing exercise for a business as well!

Updated April 2010!
Soon
NZ or OZ

Soonest
NZ or OZ Travel
Passport Stamps; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam
Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
Tpunk Senior Moderators

A Tpunk team would be badass!!! Hmmm, start saving money now!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
TPunk Moderator

Can anyone imagine...team Funky Calypso?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
TPunk Moderator

Lizz - your were on my mind when I said it could be a good marketing exercise - especially since your hostel's going to be in eastern europe! A bit of internet marketing a blog and links on your hostels website not to mention on the actual black sea run you would no doubt pass hostels to leave brochures.

Updated April 2010!
Soon
NZ or OZ

Soonest
NZ or OZ Travel
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
TP Ghost

So we're in agreement. Lizz will pay to fly several of us out their to do the run and write it off as a marketing expense... hmmm

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
Tpunk Senior Moderators

I thinks thats a dammmmnnnnn good idea, and then we advertise all over the car, hit all the hostels we see, and just write that baby off!!!! Lizz, I think you will have to get on this one... Good thing youve got a year to work it
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

zomg!!!! I'm so in!!!!!

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #14
Admin

Wow! This would be sweet to do! Russian Super Models? That's what I'm talk'n bout!

This race has VW camper van written all over it.

I agree about the marketing, Elizabeth. Good opportunity right in your backyard, so to speak.
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #15
TPunk Moderator

Haha Lets see how the first year goes guys. I'm feeling pretty confident about the summer but to be honest, I'm a little nervous about the off season. But then again many Aussies are traveling during our winter/their summer...sooooo.....not all hope is lost.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
TPunk Emeritus

Slip and Slide party!? Hell ya!
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #17

This sounds amazing! I want to do it this summer, anyone want to join?
turtlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #18

Haha that looks awesome, thanks for sharing! I'll be at the Black Sea, Constanta (Romania), in less than a month!

edited by travelpunk
eurovoyage is offline   Reply With Quote