Describe yourself - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Polls
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Polls Which country has the most...
Curious on the mindset of the TPunk community? Start a poll!

View Poll Results: Are you
Left wing 27 44.26%
Center 8 13.11%
Right wing 9 14.75%
neither 17 27.87%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 10-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #21
jaboba46
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by jamiepeaski@Oct 22 2005, 11:20 AM
Pro choice. Pro gay rights. Pro gun rights. Support the death penalty. Don't believe the taxpayers should be responsible for supporting everyone. Anti war. Pro legalization of marijuana, provided it doesn't have extreme negative ramifications on the economy. I like money and buying nice stuff.
[snapback]82616[/snapback]
i'm totally with her on that...
For the world's more full
of weeping then you
can understand
jaboba46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:06 PM   #22
juliagulia
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

there was actually a little quiz we took in gov and politics about this and on a scale from 25-80 (where 25 is radical and 80 is severe right wing) I got a 35. So I'm left wing.

I'm pro-choice, anti-war (unless its a last resort), anti-war in Iraq, pro gay rights, anti-death penalty, pro-assisted suicide, pro-legalization of marijuana (so long as it is regulated the same ways that tobacco and alcohol are... i mean really, we cant have drunk drivers, but high ones are okay? ). So I'm a social liberal.

But apparantly I'm an economic conservative. I think that welfare should either be abolished or more heavily regulated/limited and I think that Social Security should be taken away since I believe it would actually increase incentive for people to save (did you know that on average Americans save less than 2% of their yearly incomes for after retirement because they are relying so heavily on Social Security? and please, the Baby Boomers are about to retire--the money they recieve is going to be next to nothing compared to what they used to get when the idea first started {during the DEPRESSION! it was one of FDR's New Deal programs--it was supposed to be temporary!!!!!!!!!!! } Yeah so that's just my two cents on that...

Anywho, I really do enjoy politics, and it is something that I enjoy talking about. I actually read my Wilson textbook because i find it fascinating.. not cause I have to for class

Well, looks like so far your friend's thory is true...

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #23
chelseafc05
Members

Send a message via MSN to chelseafc05

who can place this: this is more so do do with australian politics

im pro-choice,pro-iraq war(taliban/al qaeda should of been wiped out first),anti nuclear weapons, anti bush administration (good intentions just not very smart...stupid advisers aswell), pro-death penalty, anti-gun rights, support one-china policy, pro globalisation, pro-new terroism laws(australia) pro-police shoot to kill law(australia), pro deportation of radical islamic clerics that preach there shit.., pro-immigration detention for illegal immigrants...(not kids but), pro australian republic (australian head of state..but in no rush hopefully just as soon as all the pro monarchist have all past away), so priddy much i support the government we have now!!!!!!!!!

Where ive been: Cộng Hňa Xă Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Réachéanachâkr Kâmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česká republika, Slovenská republika, Magyar Köztársaság, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, România, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
chelseafc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:10 PM   #24
chelseafc05
Members

oh yeah and also think that known terroist that have been or will be captured do not deserve any rights!!!!

Where ive been: Cộng Hňa Xă Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Réachéanachâkr Kâmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česká republika, Slovenská republika, Magyar Köztársaság, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, România, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 10-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #25
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

one mans terrorist is another mans hero.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #26
Somnambulation
TPunk Emeritus

He should still be killed though.
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 PM   #27
chelseafc05
Members

i didnt mean it in that way i ment the police/military should be allowed to torture, abuse them as much as they want to get information etc out of them

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 10-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #28
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

terrorists, pull the other one thats got bells on.

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #29
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

look below
Old 10-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #30
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally posted by chelseafc05@Oct 24 2005, 04:42 PM
who can place this: this is more so do do with australian politics

im pro-choice,pro-iraq war(taliban/al qaeda* should of been wiped out first),anti nuclear weapons, anti bush administration (good intentions just not very smart...stupid advisers aswell), pro-death penalty, anti-gun rights, support one-china policy, pro globalisation, pro-new terroism laws(australia) pro-police shoot to kill law(australia), pro deportation of radical islamic clerics that preach there shit.., pro-immigration detention for illegal immigrants...(not kids but), pro australian republic (australian head of state..but in no rush hopefully just as soon as all the pro monarchist have all past away),* * so priddy much i support the government we have now!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]82857[/snapback]

one china policy? where do you live? living in taiwan i wonder why you would say this if you are not mainland chinese? how can you tell 23 million people that they should have to follow an oppresive government that even those that currently live under do not like, but cannot say so due to fear of execution or imprisonment?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #31
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

yikes...even worse...i see you are from a country that was popluated mostly by brits using it as a prison colony...and u spun off from the brits stating your own sovereignty (like most seem to do), and you want to tell the taiwanese they cannot be their own country?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:19 AM   #32
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Actually, a LOT of the Taiwanese I know around here in the SF Bay Area are pro-unification with mainland China. I think they want to be part of the "bigger picture," the whole human desire to always be on the winning team. In fact, some of the families are ready to move back if it happens!

Remember, what we as westerners/Americans perceive as desirable isn't necessarily the case for much of the world.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #33
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

well actually living in the taiwanese culture there is a huge difference of opinion from those who have left to those who actually live here....they do not want to be part of "china." national pride is very strong here. they even go as far as pointing out they speak the language differently, eat differently, live differently, and believe in different things. you can all take your second and third hand hear say...i think ill believe those who live here.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #34
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

Quote:
Originally posted by chelseafc05@Oct 24 2005, 11:42 PM
pro-iraq war(taliban/al qaeda* should of been wiped out first),anti nuclear weapons,
[snapback]82857[/snapback]

we could do it alot quicker with nukes

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 AM   #35
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Quote:
well actually living in the taiwanese culture there is a huge difference of opinion from those who have left to those who actually live here
True, true... probably why expats usually tend to be against whatever the current regime is.. and hence why they're unreliable for info (see: Iraq)

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:36 PM   #36
chelseafc05
Members

Firstly Australia voted againts becoming a rebuplic a few years ago...we just didnt have british government breathin down our necks threating us not to do it.

i understand where your coming from your entitled to your opinion im entitled to mine..... "to each there own" but i believe the best for china go forward is for one china, not for one region to become a rebublic then another then another etc but thats just me

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #37
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally posted by omisan@Oct 25 2005, 11:25 AM
True, true... probably why expats usually tend to be against whatever the current regime is.. and hence why they're unreliable for info (see: Iraq)
[snapback]82955[/snapback]
very true.....example being i do not like the bush administration, but compard to some of the expats i meet, i find myself defending the US and must sound like the most patriotic person alive....and most of their info is so twisted....but i guess u run into that everywhere either way...let us pray um er...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #38
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally posted by chelseafc05@Oct 25 2005, 04:36 PM
Firstly Australia voted againts becoming a rebuplic a few years ago...we just didnt have british government breathin down our necks threating us not to do it.

i understand where your coming from your entitled to your opinion im entitled to mine.....* "to each there own" but i believe the best for china go forward is for one china, not for one region to become a rebublic then another then another etc but thats just me
[snapback]82998[/snapback]

but what is best for taiwan?

Old 10-25-2005, 08:36 PM   #39
chelseafc05
Members

going forward as a part of china and avoiding invasion.

MY NAME IS
Daniel
Old 10-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #40
chelseafc05
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by Rozza@Oct 26 2005, 03:33 AM
we could do it alot quicker with nukes
[snapback]82951[/snapback]
if only it was that simple

MY NAME IS
Daniel