Jamaica - Hedonism Resorts - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Where ya going? & Specific country info! > Cen.Am/Cuba/Carib

Cen.Am/Cuba/Carib Included are Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Honduras, plantains, and club med!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 11-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38
Default Jamaica - Hedonism Resorts

Some of my coworkers are going to this resort in Jamaica in June. It's an all-inclusive "adult" resort where clothing is optional. LOL!!! There's Hedonism II which is in Negril I belive, and Hedonism III is in Runaway Bay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonism_Resorts

I was just wondering if anyone has ever been here or heard of these places, I am dying over here over a "clothing optional" resort! hahahaha

http://www.superclubs.com/brand_hedonism/

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Rabidly Xenophilic

I've been to Hedo II, they have a normal side and a "clothing optional" side. It was all right, it has a little beach and a little dance club. The food was pretty good. But there isn't a whole lot to actually do, its more of a sit around on the beach kind of place. They do run dive boats each day, not very good diving but it's something. And they have a trapeze.

The people there were mostly on the older side (40s and 50s), although there was a small contingent of young people (I was there during spring break time). There were other places near the resort like Margaritavilla, but of course you start to feel tied down at an all-inclusive because you've already paid or overpaid for their food and drinks so it seems wasteful to leave. If you don't mind sticking around your resort it wouldn't be too bad though.

Here are some pictures, a lot of them are of people on the trapeze:
http://flickr.com/photos/8529845@N05...7601321104405/

I never went to the nude side, last thing I want to see is a beach full of naked 50 year old swingers :eek:
Old 11-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to noke_travel

a friend of mine works in corporate travel and sometimes get's free 'fam/comp trips' so that he can familiarize himself with the different travel products he's selling. when his company got an offer from hedonism (not sure which one) his boss sent him as a joke.

his report: DON'T GO!! he said it was full of really trashy, ugly middle age people getting drunk on the beach (think the daytona beach crowd) he said that aside from the all inclusive angle it sucked. on top of it's a bit of a sausage fest.

i gotta ask him to send me some pics he took, they were pretty funny.

anyways, not to sh*t on your coworker's vacation, but his report from the resort was pretty bad.

oddly enough, he left that job not too long after the trip.

"I showed them...I'm still alive." Homer Simpson
noke_travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
Rabidly Xenophilic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noke_travel View Post
his report: DON'T GO!! he said it was full of really trashy, ugly middle age people getting drunk on the beach (think the daytona beach crowd) he said that aside from the all inclusive angle it sucked. on top of it's a bit of a sausage fest.
That's not a bad summary! If its a bunch of people on their leave they might still have fun if they're just looking to hang out with each other. But honestly if they're thinking they're going to find girls there they'll be interested in, I doubt it. There are plenty of places nearby to it in Negril though that should be full of young people. So it wont be a total bust, but they'll be paying for the all inclusive thing without really needing it.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

LOL! I think that's freaking hysterical. These dudes are thinking it's going to be a bunch of naked college girls and just an all-around wild time. I said if they wanted something like that they should go to Cancun. I read some review of the place, and I guess at Hedonism III (which seems like the better of the two), after like 11pm everything just goes to pot and there are people hooking up in the hot tubs and whatever else.

Sounds like a classy joint. And to think they almost had me talked into going to the beach with them insetad of Europe. haha.

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
I said if they wanted something like that they should go to Cancun.
Yup - that is 100% the right advice. Everything I have heard about the Hedonism resorts echoes what has already been said. I stayed at another all-inclusive in Runaway Bay...it was kind of a couples thing though. Cancun is the place to go if you want sun, sand and singles.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

I was talking to a fat, old, ugly guy at a bar who told me he vacationed at Hedonism II and had a great time. A friend, who was with me, was trying not to laugh. That should tell you something.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)

Last edited by BigE; 11-30-2007 at 03:54 PM.
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

When I was in the Dominican, I got out of my all-inclusive one day (something I highly recommend if you're stuck in such a thing) and went to use an ATM. Another dude at the ATM, a 40-something from NY, was going on and on about how he was getting laid at some Hedonism-type resort.

Ya know, I don't care much for that sort of thing, nor do I think I ever will, but between swingers clubs and all-inclusives like Hedo, I'm actually glad that if I'm ever a desperate middle aged dude bored with my marriage, there's an option like that out there. Old, ugly folks need to get laid, too!

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
TPunk Recognized

But there is no reason you have to get that way - that is - if you care about your health. I work in a hospital and see so many people every day who let themselves go or act like they are 25, smoke, drink, and eat badly. A week after I started this job I asked my doctor if it is ok to take daily vitamins, what foods to avoid, and help quiting smoking. I also joined a gym. My hope is I keep it up.

-Confucius

Israel - Summer (TBA)
Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #10
call me Condi!

I just think it's funny that people need a defined separate "place" to go to hook up when they're on vacation.

Seriously, TPunks, how many of you have actually gone on a vacation where there were no random hooking up options? At least if you go on a legit vackay, you have half a chance of hooking up with someone who isn't a petri-dish. I've seen so much random nudity on the streets of Europe, that a nude resort seems like a bit of a yawner. Plus, I like the power I have over making a clothed person get naked - knowwhatimean? And the ego-trip you get when someone sees you in a situation where they've got to impress/coerce you to get your clothes off.

I *can* of course imagine going there with some friends to people watch and judge. If somebody else paid........
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325

Latest travel crushes - Arizona, Morocco, The Baltic States, Tunisia, Portugal, Mexico
DC_Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #11
Rabidly Xenophilic

Well I don't know about the others but Hedo II is pretty normal on the normal side....I never saw anyone screwing in the hot tub or anything like that. I chose it when I went to jamaica because it seemed like the best chance of being both all inclusive but not too stodgy. All the other all-inclusive resorts are for people who just want to golf all day, or for families with little kids....at least thats how it seemed to me.

Anyway, I realized pretty quick that staying in one spot is kind of boring, but I was only there for a week so it was still pretty fun. But, it was spring break so maybe it's different there when there aren't so many college-aged people around.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #12
call me Condi!

Hey Brett, just to be sure, I'm not criticizing your visit - I'll be honest, the trapeze looks fun. An all-inclusive is something I'd definitely do with a group of friends. I was reacting more to the posts above about the sausage fest and so forth!
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325

Latest travel crushes - Arizona, Morocco, The Baltic States, Tunisia, Portugal, Mexico
DC_Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #13
TPunk Recognized

I'm sorry for being a jerk above. I'm not that bad.

I would go if there was nothing else to do and the crowd was my age.

-Confucius

Israel - Summer (TBA)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #14

Everything I accept heard about the Hedonism resorts echoes what has already been said. I backward at addition all-embracing in Runaway Bay.
robiinjakson is offline   Reply With Quote