Alcohol - Page 9 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > World Food/Drink
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

World Food/Drink It's Happy Hour! Cheap eats! Favorite restaurants and pubs! Stop by the Travel PUNK watering hole to post your tips or ask questions regarding anything food or drink related....

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 02-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #161
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

I've been drinking a lot of Pina Coladas lately.....and one night we were celebrating a birthday with a lot of shots of china whites. Also I like (and it sounds gross but its pretty good) peach schnaaps and Diet coke. It just tastes like coke with a hint of Peach flavour.

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #162
xanthuos

Send a message via AIM to xanthuos Send a message via MSN to xanthuos Send a message via Yahoo to xanthuos

Quote:
Originally posted by xanthuos@Nov 6 2004, 01:47 AM
Well, let's see.

Beers:
My favorite beer is Molson Golden.* It's a blend of lager and ale that goes down smooth.* It's got a malty taste to it, and you either like it or don't, there's no real in between.* What pisses me off is that it's a MOLSON brew, but I can't find it in Saskatoon, Canada where I now live.* I can get it anywhere in the US though.* I like most other general brews, from Kokanee, Molson Canadian, and Labatt on the Canadian side...to Michelob Amber Bock, MGD, Bud Light, etc on the American side.* As for American beer being "weaker," I'll strongly disagree.* It may taste like water, but it still packs usually at least 5% alcohol.* Guiness is only 4 or 4.5%.* It's on par with Canadian beer, and hell - Labatt Blue has only 11.5oz in the bottle - what kind of cheap shit is THAT?!* Sidenote:* That's why I buy the 30-packs of Kokanee * More beer for your buck!

Liquor:*
I've had bad experiences with whiskey straight-up, so I tend to sip a good vodka or rum if I want something on the rocks.* Something like a Grey Goose for vodka or an Appleton Estates for Rum.* I also like Southern Comfort, which is caramel bourbon.

Mixed Drinks:*
Perhaps because it's where I was born, perhaps it's cause it's literally a glass full of alcohol with a splash of soda & sour mix...but a Long Island Iced Tea will always be my drink of choice.* My favorite way of preparing them is to actually use Midori (mentioned below) instead of coke...to give it a "melon tea" taste.* I got the idea from a chain of steakhouses in the US which has their own Long Island varieties they call "Texas Teas" - which all contain Everclear.* Talk about knocking you on your ass...they limit you to two in a sitting.* Other than LI's, I like vodka-n-cran, rum-n-cokes, and vodka specials (Sprite & vodka).

Matador
The melon drink you had probably contained Midori (or a cheap well version), which is a melon liquor from Japan.* One of the most common Midori drinks you can find is a Midori sour:
3 oz. Midori
1 1/2 oz. sweet & sour mix
A splash of Sprite
omisan
A "Red Headed Slut" is as follows:
1 1/2 oz. Jägermeister
1 1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps
Top with cranberry juice

With all that said, I end my long rant on drinking!
[snapback]35660[/snapback]
Most of what I wrote above is still true today, although lately, I've been drinking copious amounts of Bud Light. Most of the time that I've gone out lately, Miller & Bud have been on special - $1 drafts, $9 buckets, $3 pitchers, $2.50 pints & $10 buckets, etc...(those are the prices for my goings-out on Monday - Thursdays in Chicagoland).
Right now, I'm enjoying a Moosehead, which is because Jewel (local grocery store) doesn't have Molson Golden anymore. Meijer does, but they don't have it in the coolers and I haven't prepared far enough in advance yet to buy it & put it in the fridge. When it comes to shots, I've become a Jaeger Bomb enthusiast...and for favorite liquor, I'm still a vodka guy. There's a handle of Smirnoff cooling down in the freezer as we speak. :D

Old 02-09-2006, 03:13 AM   #163
aliz
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

just remembered the white cargo my uncle made for my 18th birthday party - get a big punch bowl and put in -
1L of vanilla ice cream
1 bottle of vodka
heaps of cheap champagne... i think it was 3 bottles

sooooo good. it ends up being all thick and frothy so you scoop it into shallow glasses and eat the froth with a spoon, then drink the rest. yummmm
Old 02-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #164
Jen05
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to Jen05

I'm a vodka girl. Usually vodka and 7-up, or cranberry cocktail. For a while I drank vodka and coke, which actually wasn't bad! Amaratto or Southern Comfort and coke are drinks of choice too. Just not beer, I hate beer! You know when you get super sick off something even the smell makes you sick? That's beer for me! Anyway, 3 days til Mexico where I'll either have a new choice of choice, or something I can never touch again!
Jen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #165
BelfastFlyer
celebrating jacks b-day!

I have to say I'm a real JD & coke man!

Being from Norn Iron though, I always enjoy a bottle of Bushmills Whiskey, going to bring some minatures away with me to oz when I go!

When is comes to cocktails, theres a bar in Belfast that does amazing cosmopolitans (2 of those and you're on your back, no kidding!).
BelfastFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #166
MeTurk
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

I used to be a big JD & Coke man, but lately I've switched to Jameson and red blows the head o ya! Especially if the red is redbull Cumt of a hangover the next day though. Wild turkey and coke is another good one.

I find you have to change your drink regular so your body doesn't get imune to it.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #167
Squire2004
Members

Hey Guys,

I am a Whiskey man. Jack with a splash of soda water on the rocks is best, but any whiskey mixes well with coke. Other than that anything in front of me I'll drink.

Oh yeah, the Dr. Pepper Shots are good but try this. Similar but with a kick.

Flaming Dr. Pepper Shots - half pint of beer, shot glass with 2 parts Amaretto on bottom and then 1 part Bacardi 151 on top. Light it on fire, drop in the beer and pound. P.S. make sure fire is out before drinking.

Still tastes like DP.
Squire2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #168
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

Don't know if i ever replied to this thread so i'll do it now.

My main drink is premixed Bundy Rum and Coke in a can, that's almost all i drink these days and i love it, it's expensive, but it's the shit.

My second drink would be Southern Comfort and coke mixed by me, it's pretty good too and doesn't give me a hangover. The premixed version of this drink is one of the worst on the market, it's waaayyyy too sweet for me

I had my first ever red bull and vodka the other day, i've always hated vodka but this was pretty good and kept me going till the next morning. But at $12 a drink i wont be making a habbit of them.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #169
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by LostFarmboy@Apr 6 2006, 06:51 PM
I had my first ever red bull and vodka the other day, i've always hated vodka but this was pretty good and kept me going till the next morning. But at $12 a drink i wont be making a habbit of them.
[snapback]110986[/snapback]
aw come now! You can make them for cheaper...

I've decided that my new fav drink is vodka and grapefruit juice. The grapefruit juice mixes perfectly with the vodka and covers up even the strongest of mixed drinks . As for bar drinks though, it's really what I crave...Ameretto sour's good...whisky sour....sex on the beach (although I recently had the WORST sex on the beach EVER, it was all peach schnapps & like no orange juice...it was gross)...margarita...pina colada...good 'ol fashioned brewsky....and splooge (which apparently is the real name of a drink but no other bartender I've met knows what the fuck I'm talking about and think I'm asking for something else ...)

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #170
ch3cooh
Members

Send a message via AIM to ch3cooh

Over the weekend some buddies of mine made close to 7 gallons of Sangria and we drank most of it in two nights. Worst hangover ever.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #171
annielee22
Members

Send a message via AIM to annielee22

Double vodka cranberries with lime has got to be my favorite drink... cranberry juice totally covers any taste of alcohol
annielee22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #172
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

Quote:
Originally posted by ch3cooh@Apr 11 2006, 08:40 PM
Over the weekend some buddies of mine made close to 7 gallons of Sangria and we drank most of it in two nights.* Worst hangover ever.
[snapback]111880[/snapback]
Oh man, i hate sangria, i had a go at it in central or south america somewhere, it's one of the worst drinks i've ever had.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #173
annielee22
Members

depends on the sangria, they make white wine sangria which is way better than red wine sangria
Old 04-11-2006, 11:59 PM   #174
Somnambulation
TPunk Emeritus

Sangria isnt supposed to have wine in it at all.
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:22 AM   #175
annielee22
Members

sangria is a wine punch, it's wine and fruit
Old 06-24-2006, 02:19 AM   #176
Majestic58
**Wacktose Intolerant**

Location: Currently back in Canada... Saving and plotting my next adventure!
Send a message via AIM to Majestic58 Send a message via MSN to Majestic58 Send a message via Yahoo to Majestic58 Send a message via Skype™ to Majestic58

I don't like wine.. At all.. I like some micro brew beers.. But only for sipping while chilling with my friends.. If I'm drinking to get drunk (And it doesn't take much...) I'll take a margarita on the rocks with salt, vodka and redbull, black opal or an ice cold shot of jager.

Majestic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #177
rae_of_sunshine
Members

Send a message via MSN to rae_of_sunshine

Labatt Blue, Vodka 7īs, Gin & Tonic, and all wine.
I also like Strongbow and Caesers to mix things up once in a while.
I canīt drink any liquor thatīs dark, ever since I polished off a bottle of JD and then went to a bar and fell down the stairs, it was quick to get down but took me forever to get back up

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question, yes is the answer." -a t-shirt

"A fly canīt bird, but a bird can fly" -Winnie the Pooh
rae_of_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #178
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

well after night i think i have drunk far toooooo much!

Started drinking at 9pm last night and didnt stop until 10am have had a few hours sleep before i have to start getting ready to go out again tonight whoo hoo bring it on!

Getting back to the point

I have been drinking a lot of summer fruits lipton ice tea with smirnoff vodka over lots of ice yummy!

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #179
travelchick75
Sex and the City Guru

Send a message via MSN to travelchick75

Crannberry and Peach Snapps
Strawberry Daquiri's
Mango Rum and Ice Tea (just about the best drink ever!!)
tequila, tequila, tequila

actually ill drink just about ne thing alcholic except for sambuca and ygermiester or however you spell it.....i'll never forgive the thirsty turtle for that night bleh
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
travelchick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #180
Ambs

Pina colada all the way