What's Up With Sijuki?! - Page 3 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 06-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #41
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Quote:
Originally posted by benna2@Jun 1 2006, 08:54 PM
Wow!! So proud of you! Keep making your life all about your dreams!!

And perfect, you are right next to a Sub shop??*
[snapback]123744[/snapback]
Actually no... that Tubby's went out of business about 6 months after they opened. But there is a Jimmy Johns right down the block. And Jimmy Johns is way better than Tubby's!

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #42
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Wow... it's been well over a year...

Umm... the shop is closed, went out of business beginning of October. I was bought out in the beginning of May, right after I got back from my trip to Las Vegas.

After the series of events over the last year or so, and the economic state of Michigan, I decided it was time to move on.

Thus I put in for a transfer with the Home Depot to Las Vegas. Got it, and moved here in the end of September.

Since i have gotten here, it's been great! I am now Full Time.. yay! More money, no more struggling to make ends meet. Been playing some cards, was doing great, then hit a cold streak, still up but taking a break.

I lost my car the week before I came out here, blew the transmission. So for now I am a Broke ass with a bus pass. Which inlcudes about 6 miles of walking everyday I work to/from the bus stop.

But honestly, I think moving to Vegas was the best thing I could have done. I love it here, and am glad to finally have steady work, and actually to get some exercise. Looking to get a bike so I can get into cycling again. Then progress to doing some hiking and maybe even a little climbing.

Also trying to plan the future a bit. I am interested in going to UNLV, perhaps for their Gaming Management Degree. Still want to travel. Kind of holding off on any major plans for the next 4 months or so to get an idea of where I stand. But I wouldn't be surprised if I landed some extra cash and actually, finally, made the plunge for a couple weeks.

That is about it for now. Hope all is well. Catch ya later.

As always, anyone in the area looking to meetup.. definitely up for it.

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #43
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

all good stuff man! Rock on!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:52 AM   #44
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Always good to hear that things are going well!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #45
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

I remember having to rely on the ever mighty bus to get me from here to there. Cars cost so much money anyway, sometimes I think if the bus system is good and reliable, it's even better.

Glad to hear you are happy about your move. It's a big gamble to make a change like that (especially going to Las Vegas!!) so it's great that it's all working out.

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #46
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

yeah rock on! there's no shame in the mass transit -- we've all been there! sometimes I prefer it to driving anyway. beats sitting in traffic in your own car and wasting your own gas.

but I'm glad you get to kick it in Vegas and play cards when ya want, and since LV is my favorite place in the whole US, I will definately be back when I get back (even if Celine will be gone ) and we'll have a LV meetup!

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #47
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Sij -good to hear things are going well. Mike and I were talking last night about how we need an LV meetup. I have never been to Vegas.....shameless. So, maybe in the not too distant future the Cbus Tpunk crew can head to LV and visit.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #48
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

For sure for sure... I love visitors. Definitely haven't seen Mike in like years.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 11-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #49
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

that is if the cloumbus crew is invited! I mean, I know it could be overwhelming having so many ohio residents in the presence of a former michigan resident

I for one am up for a LV meetup! god I was just there in June and I can still hear the jingle of the slot machines (makes my heart race... I should probably call one of those gambler's anaonymous hotlines) as I was sitting behind them with my cousin at 430am in Caesar's Palace drinking bloody marys in our sweatpants. you just cannot have a bad time in vegas if you try!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 11-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #50
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknic38 View Post
that is if the cloumbus crew is invited! I mean, I know it could be overwhelming having so many ohio residents in the presence of a former michigan resident

I for one am up for a LV meetup! god I was just there in June and I can still hear the jingle of the slot machines (makes my heart race... I should probably call one of those gambler's anaonymous hotlines) as I was sitting behind them with my cousin at 430am in Caesar's Palace drinking bloody marys in our sweatpants. you just cannot have a bad time in vegas if you try!

The idea is to get all those ohioans out of their element so you can show them what a real state is like. So of course you are all invited. Yes, you should call a gambler's hotline... of course I feel a sense of relaxation from the smell of the MGM when I walk in... so I am not sure if that is a good thing either. Oh, and i have seen people have a bad time in Vegas.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #51
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

It's been 3 years since I posted in here?!? Where does time go? I moved back to Michigan, pretty sure I posted about that at some point. I am still at the Depot, but I travel around the district now.

I played in a World Series of Poker event this year $1000 buyin. I didn't make the money, my QQ ran into TT with a flop of x-8-T-8-T. Ouch. But oh well, can't complain, got it in with the best. Was doing well before that.

I got a new car... the ol' Kia Rio finally gave out after years of abuse. The fuel pump went, and the pump alone was $472 plus other parts and labor, I didn't feel it was worth a $1000 investment with the other issues. So I got a 2009 Hyundai Sonata... love it.

Going to Vegas on Thursday for 4 days. Can't get enough. Cancun at the end of February. Vegas again in June for the WSOP.

A step in the right direction, I am going back to school. Well, as soon as I can register. I am hoping I have the money to take two classes this semester. Probably a business class of some sort, and I would like to take a language class, perhaps Italian. (for future travel considerations).

I turned 30 this year, and it has kind of been a reflective year. I kinda got down on myself for missing opportunities and not succeeding at a lot of things I wanted to during my 20's. But at the end of it all, I decided there is no time like the present to get started on those plans. I don't see 30 as old in the least bit, but in some ways it feels old.... or at least older. Like I should be farther along in life as they say, but it isn't really what I look for, right now. So I am going to hold on to my youth and try to get through this thing.

Always good to get a few words out here to the people that care, good ol t-punks. We need a meetup somewhere. I miss y'all.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 10-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #52
expatben
lover of Germany

Good to hear from you Bro-welcome home!!

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #53
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sijuki View Post
We need a meetup somewhere. I miss y'all.
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 10-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #54
mish99
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to mish99

Quote:
QQ ran into TT with a flop of x-8-T-8-T. Ouch.
im not even going to ask what this means....to much for my brain at this time of the morning, um, afternoon.

Good to hear about the studying! Hope it all works out!!! And hell yeah for a meetup! Work is so flexible for me!

Currently Working in England

After:Jan 5 - South Africa. Sometime 2012 - Canada!
mish99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #55
PhilBill

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilBill
Wink Thanks for the Reminder

Thanks for the Reminder about what a nightmare doing small business can be i the wealthier regulated countries;I wake up each day feeling how lucky I / we are for choosing to do small business in the Philippines. the BEST of LUCK to you and your business and may it provide enough income and eventually not require you to be on site always so you can travel the world free from time schedules.
PhilBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:58 PM   #56
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

I was sitting there and thinking about the ol T-Punk boards and how i like to drop in periodically and realized I never even posted about my trip out west or to Europe last year. I spent 2 months backpacking Europe and didn't even share it on here. WTF.

For those that don't know. I went to Europe last September for 2 months. Went to Barcelona, Madrid (Met the Godfather!), Prague, Krakow, Auschwitz, Warsaw, and then to Dublin where we rented a car and drove around the whole island for 3 weeks. Due to a great price on a flight, spent a day in Edinburgh flying out of Belfast. It was a super awesome trip and look forward to doing another one next year!

I'll post more details in a bit.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 09-29-2016, 08:17 AM   #57
travelpunk
Admin

Quote:
I was sitting there and thinking about the ol T-Punk boards and how i like to drop in periodically and realized I never even posted about my trip out west or to Europe last year. I spent 2 months backpacking Europe and didn't even share it on here. WTF.

For those that don't know. I went to Europe last September for 2 months. Went to Barcelona, Madrid (Met the Godfather!), Prague, Krakow, Auschwitz, Warsaw, and then to Dublin where we rented a car and drove around the whole island for 3 weeks. Due to a great price on a flight, spent a day in Edinburgh flying out of Belfast. It was a super awesome trip and look forward to doing another one next year!

I'll post more details in a bit.
Thanks for the update and it was great to finally meet and hang out with you! Good times, bro!!
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote