trial of saddam hussein - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 10-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

So the big trial starts today and i just wondered what everyones opinion was on this trial.

There is a huge debate whether Saddam should face the death penalty, whether all the charges should be brought against him etc whats your views?

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
chelseafc05
Members

Send a message via MSN to chelseafc05

well i thing he should be set free......... in a kurdish town so he can be beaten to death!!!!

Where ive been: Cộng Hňa Xă Hội Chủ Nghĩa Việt , Preăh Réachéanachâkr Kâmpŭchea, Bundesrepublik Deutschland, Česká republika, Slovenská republika, Magyar Köztársaság, Republika Slovenija, Republika Hrvatska, Bosna i Hercegovina, Republika Srbija, Republika Balgariya, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti, România, Rzeczpospolita Polska, Lietuvos Respublika, Latvijas Republika, Eesti Vabariik, Republiken Finland

MY NAME IS
Daniel
chelseafc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Nah... set him free in Tehran.

Beatdown PLUS Iran will finally get to use all its own alleged WMDs

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
Joker
You want fries with that?

Kangaroo court. He'll be convicted, sentenced to death, and someone in the Hague will demand extradition so he can face trial there.

If the conviction is handed down in enough time to allow mandatory appeals to be exhausted prior to the end of the Bush administration, then its likely that he would be executed.

But if the appeals process goes into the next presidential administration, its possible that the next CIC would hand him right over to potentially repair some of the US' PR with the Hague, EU, etc etc.

Which I don't agree with. Execute the fucker, preferably by mustard gas.

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:09 PM   #5
afterlife3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to afterlife3

Burn him!!! Burn him!!! He turned me into a newt...I got better.
"The enormity of our endeavor excaped us in those moments; all we could see was the dust on the road ahead and ourselves on the bike, devouring kilometers in our flight northward."- Ernesto Che Guevara

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -St. Augustine

http://www.travelpunk.com/boards/index.php..._album&album=14
afterlife3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #6
Somnambulation
TPunk Emeritus

Dont kill him, keep him in prison for life as a trophy. Let people come view him, like in a zoo. Put a mouse wheel in his cage.
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #7
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

there was a reason that the gallows and the stockades were in prominent locations in the olde days.

Public Humilation works wonders. I especially like stockades. They should definitly be brought back. As well as the choppin off of the parts of the body that did the bad stuff for crimes like theifery and choppin off of male parts for rape, etc etc etc.

Oh and things that do not harm others like marijuana should not be a crime. especially since it was never meant to be outlawed as a drug... freakin cotton industry.....
Old 10-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #8
Somnambulation
TPunk Emeritus

Whats the story on that? Hemp was made illegal because of the cotton lobby?
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
alexi_k
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by Somnambulation@Oct 19 2005, 03:33 PM
Dont kill him, keep him in prison for life as a trophy. Let people come view him, like in a zoo. Put a mouse wheel in his cage.
[snapback]82011[/snapback]
Totally agree! Let him rot. I am deffinetly against the death penalty. Bring on the torture chamber though Stretch him on the wheel or something. Make him suffer like he has others.
Why should these vile people get the easy way out. Look at the ones that kill themselves after commiting crimes, they rather be dead than alive in a cell as would I.

alexi_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #10
Joker

Quote:
Originally posted by Somnambulation@Oct 18 2005, 10:54 PM
Whats the story on that? Hemp was made illegal because of the cotton lobby?
[snapback]82025[/snapback]
Was made illegal in late 30's. King Cotton was well over by then. Many of the heads out there think that DuPont made the push because hemp oil could be substituted for Dinosaur-derived petroleum in the production of plastics, rayon, nylon, bakelite, etc etc etc.

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Old 10-19-2005, 01:11 AM   #11
danny
Members

How about some creative punishment? turn him into a woman and let him be treated the way he has treated others eg let them rape him with no lube. Humiliation of walking around with WANKER written on his head in arabic and most importantly turn him into an attraction for all those who have served in Iraq. The soldiers get a free picture with him (while he is still a man) then they get to kick him in the balls.

danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:41 AM   #12
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

I'm against the death penalty, so I say leave him in prison.

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:06 AM   #13
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Yeah, let him share a cell with Manuel Noriega at the country cl.. er... Prison.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:20 AM   #14
The Monsignor
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Much better dead, personally... he's responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands. He still has followers, and could be used as a rallying point around which a coup could be staged.

The fact is, he's simply too sick, deranged, and criminal to be allowed to live....

The trial itself is focusing on one particular instance, which in itself is pretty minor in comparison to killing 20k Kurds by chemical weapons, but the charge is more than sufficient to warrant death in any court, should he be convicted... If he's put to death on this one, it'll be simpler, and cheaper in the long run, rather than try to explore some of his more heinous crimes.

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:27 AM   #15
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

got to be careful with religious factions too though. It's not difficult for them to look at westerners killing suddam as us martyring thier leader and for them to get crazy
Old 10-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #16
voyd
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd

Quote:
Originally posted by Joker@Oct 19 2005, 12:30 AM
Was made illegal in late 30's. King Cotton was well over by then. Many of the heads out there think that DuPont made the push because hemp oil could be substituted for Dinosaur-derived petroleum in the production of plastics, rayon, nylon, bakelite, etc etc etc.
[snapback]82029[/snapback]
Yup, hemp oil is very healthy too for eating. Hemp is also a very strong fiber that grows like a weed with very little water or nutrients - unlike cotton, which drains the soil. Sooo...legalizing hemp could vastly help both our health and environment as well as help keep us out of more oil wars. And no, you won't get high from smoking it either - as industrial hemp has no THC potency. It would really kill several birds with one stone - which is what many of our corporations are afraid of...
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:54 AM   #17
bluepea
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to bluepea

Stupid question and joining in on the threadhijacking - isn't hemp legal? How do we got all this hemp stuff then (clothing, beauty products, etc)? Just curious.

Have some general questions such as whether or not to get a rail pass or how much money you'll need? Visit here!

First time travelers/travelers with a lot of questions - this forum is for you![b]
bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #18
expatben
lover of Germany

I too am against the death penalty so sucks as it is I say don't kill him. Even though Part of me thinks the trial should be Iraqi-make him face his own people but then it wouldn't be neutral so in the Haig it should be

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:21 AM   #19
florencia9699
TPunk Emeritus

Well... if they killed him.. what would it solve? Nothing, plus then we'd have to be worried about very possible attacks in revenge.

An "eye for and eye" never got us anywhere.-

I say let him stink in prision, that'd be enough punishment with everyone else hating him already...
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #20
Joker

Quote:
Originally posted by jamiepeaski@Oct 19 2005, 07:54 AM
Stupid question and joining in on the threadhijacking - isn't hemp legal? How do we got all this hemp stuff then (clothing, beauty products, etc)? Just curious.
[snapback]82088[/snapback]
Made with hemp grown outside the US typically. There are certain instances where domestic stuff is used, but by and large, the only hemp grown here is for "medicinal" purposes :D