Psycho mofo with road rage.... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 05-28-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Ok, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PPL THESE DAYS?! They're taking road rage to crazy extremo levels. Last night my mom was driving me home from my prom so that I could change before I went to the after parties. On the way home we were heading through this town on a highway (not a freeway, just like a 2-lane highway) and apparently my mom must have accidentally cut a guy off a little when she went to change lanes. I totally didn't notice, but I DID see this psycho creep pulls up beside us, fully look over into our car, angry as he gos to pull out in front of us. Then he slows to like 40 (ON A HIGHWAY!) and I'm telling my mom to just pull out away from him but she doesn't. She's just like "w/e we'll go as slow as he does, we won't get angry that's what he wants".....so then he fully stops his car, and my mom finally decides to drive away b/c this man literally is demented. So w/e we pull away and then at a red light that we are forced to stop at, he pulls out beside us, GETS OUT OF HIS CAR and starts to walk up to ours (at this point i make sure the car doors are locked and windows rolled up). Luckily the light turns green just as he reaches our car & my mom drives away in a flurry. She's totally freaking out at this point. I have this thing where I'm pretty much calm through anything, so I'm telling my mom to drive straight and park at the police office like a 5 min drive away conveniently located right beside the highway. The man obv. won't try anything there. But my mom is not the brightest woman in the world (and I uh....say this through love..... ) and she's like "Oh no....."i'm going to lose this guy." So instead she turns left at like 120km/h I might add into some dark unused road and decides to take the back route home. Meanwhile I'm watching the road behind us to see if he tried to follow us, which he fully did. So then we're racing down this road at like 120 and this guys friggen hot on our tails. I finally call the police and I guess he must have seen the phone glow becuase he finally disappears somewhere after I get a hold of them.
JESUS CHRIST!!!! what kind of a sick demented person goes through that much trouble to teach a lesson to a middle aged woman and her daughter? like.......GAH. I swear to god he must've been drunk.

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #2
GoKrazy
TPunk Camping Addict

I feel for you! There are a lot of people out there with anger management problems. I understand that once in a while you can have a bad day, get annoyed with someone else's driving and so on, but then you hear a story on the news that someone shot a fellow motorist cause they accidentally cut them off or whatever. It's a crazy world out there. The best thing to so in such a situation is to difuse the situation (a shrug of the shoulders, a coy smile and mouthing "I'm sorry" can do this) or if that doesn't work avoid any eye contact and simply get out of there as soon as possible. The last thing you want is a confrontation with someone who is obviously unhinged. Either way its good that you came out of the whole ordeal in one piece.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #3
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

what a jerk! just glad to heaar your ok!! and i hope the prom was a blast

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by beergal1@May 28 2005, 07:08 PM
i hope the prom was a blast
definitely was. SOOOOOOOOOO much fun. It's crazy to see everybody all beautified.

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
Old 05-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

damn, glad to hear you and your mum are alright, the guy sounds as he needed help, or a tranq gun, hope your prom went fine

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:44 PM   #6
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

wow, that's pretty crazy. I'm guessing that you live in the city, city drivers can be insanely stupidly crazy, that shit never happens out here in the country.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
bookofkels
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to bookofkels Send a message via Yahoo to bookofkels

some people get wound up over nothing............good to hear you kept the car doors locked and didn't even try to reason with this guy cos it sounds like he was away past that .....unfortunetly there are some crazy people out there!

Good to hear you came to no harm and i hope your mum is ok..

Glad you had a good prom

Kel
Old 05-28-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

Quote:
Originally posted by LostFarmboy@May 28 2005, 05:43 PM
that shit never happens out here in the country.
You little country kids are so sweet and sheltered!!

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:08 AM   #9
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by LostFarmboy@May 28 2005, 09:43 PM
wow, that's pretty crazy. I'm guessing that you live in the city, city drivers can be insanely stupidly crazy,** that shit never happens out here in the country.
haha not really LFB. Actually I live right smack dab in the middle of nowhere. I was just passing through a small town on my way home.....But it actually makes it a little bit scarier b/c I live so far out in the boons b/c he actually showed up behind us (maybe by coincidence maybe not) later on after we'd thought him for gone (I could tell b/c only one of his highbeams work very well) and I didn't want to lead him to my house in the middle of a forest.....mmmm......yeah not safe. Luckily he seemed to slow down after a while and disappear into the distance before we went home. If he had stayed behind us, we would have stopped at the police station in the next town b/c I'm not showing a crazy psychopath where I live. No thankyou......

-James Dean

Old 05-29-2005, 06:28 AM   #10
MolsonGirl
Drifter in the making.

That's creepy nuts... good for you for calling the cops. Glad you had an awesome time at your prom and I hope the after parties were good fun too even after that...

I'd have been more afraid of him being psycho rather than road raged

I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I am afraid they are not alive.
~ Jane Austen in a Letter (1811-05-31)
MolsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 10:28 AM   #11
afterlife3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to afterlife3

Here in my lovely state of Alabama, a lady got so pissed off at another lady cutting her off that she pulled a gun out on her and shot her in the face killing her. This was about 5 years ago.
"The enormity of our endeavor excaped us in those moments; all we could see was the dust on the road ahead and ourselves on the bike, devouring kilometers in our flight northward."- Ernesto Che Guevara

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -St. Augustine

http://www.travelpunk.com/boards/index.php..._album&album=14
afterlife3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 03:58 PM   #12
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

Quote:
haha not really LFB. Actually I live right smack dab in the middle of nowhere.
Oh, well bugger that, atleast in the city there's always heaps of people around to help you, or atleast witness crazy people do their crazy things. Out in the "boons" (<--hehe that's a funny word) there would be nobody around to help you out if things went bad

Is it true that in the US you are legally allowed to carry a gun in the glovebox of your car?? Or was the person that told me this just having me on??
Old 05-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #13
Spartan
Members

I was watching tv and saw that some politicians in Florida are trying to get legislation passed that would allow you to use a concealed weapon if you feel threatened. If this becomes law, if someone cuts you off in Florida and you feel threatened by them, then you can legally shoot them.

I couldnt believe this the first time I saw it but it is true, so be sure not to piss anyone off in Florida. It is unimaginable for me living in Canada to think about even allowing concealed weapons, but this new legislation takes the cake. That is good ol' Jeb Bush for ya.

he loves his :greenguy:
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #14
bluepea
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to bluepea

You know, I'm all for owning guns but don't support concealed carry. People get stupid when they're angry. In some states it is legal to have a gun in your glove compartment, or anywhere really.

People are psychos when it comes to driving. I admit, I get pissed off and swear and stuff, but never did anything crazy like following someone! One time in Chicago we got into a bout with some dickhead. He kept pulling over and then when we'd pass him, he'd swerve out to try and hit us. He'd pass us on the right (parking!) and shit. Happened out of nowhere and we finally lost him before we got to the wedding!

Glad to hear you had a good time!

Have some general questions such as whether or not to get a rail pass or how much money you'll need? Visit here!

First time travelers/travelers with a lot of questions - this forum is for you![b]
bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:08 PM   #15
LaurieL622
TPunk Recognized

I LOVED THIS:

Last night I was driving home from a weekend at my mom's house...I was making the 6 hour drive back to AZ on the I-10, going around 80mph and this guy w/ a flamey yellow mustang pulls in front of me, cuts me off, flips me off, and speeds off. Then 10 miles down the road I see the red and blue lights of a cop that has pulled someone over...he's writing a ticket for none other than the a-hole in the yellow mustang. That's what he gets for driving a car that color...
Old 05-31-2005, 03:13 PM   #16
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

sorry it was me.

laurie where in AZ do you live?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:28 PM   #17
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Quote:
That's what he gets for driving a car that color...
Hey now, I drive a red car, and 80mph is my MINIMUM whenever I can, and I certainly flip people off who don't get out of my way.

But as for the red and blue lights, all I gotta say is: Valentine One

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:30 PM   #18
LaurieL622
TPunk Recognized

Jake, I live in Tucson. Where are you at?

Oh yeah, did you see me blowing kisses while I drove by?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
LaurieL622
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Hey now, I drive a red car, and 80mph is my MINIMUM whenever I can, and I certainly flip people off who don't get out of my way.
Omi I grew up in LA so I'm definitely a fast driver as well...but I'm also safe about it. On the busiest freeway in the US, during memorial day weekend, I knew better than to go faster than 80-90. I had no problem with the guy wanting to go faster...I'm not paying his ticket.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #20
SuDz
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Quote:
Originally posted by jamiepeaski@May 30 2005, 11:29 AM
You know, I'm all for owning guns but don't support concealed carry. People get stupid when they're angry. In some states it is legal to have a gun in your glove compartment, or anywhere really.
Depends on the state really regarding concealed weapons. Here in Massachusetts if you get a permit to carry you have to have it concealed in public (glove box, holster under a jacket/shirt) which I have always figured is because up here people don't generally carry (well legally) and if somone were walking around with it exposed you will get more panic. Now some states like down south for example more people are used to having them around and are not so sketched by them and I think that is a better place to NOT have them concealed since more of the population is going to have them.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote