So I have this friend.... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 05-26-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

I have this friend that just called me. and I guess that last night he was pretty drunk and took X... but he has a drug test on tuesday(freakin idiot) his Q is this will it show up and if so anything that he can do???

and yes this is really a friend and not the proverbial friend meaning me...I would never take x and we don't have drug tests where I work.

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

It's not specifically tested for in most drug tests, but they can show positive for amphetamines, since the pills are often largely speed.

Here's the straight dope:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_...a_testing.shtml

As a safeguard, when they ask if he's been on medications, he can say he had a cold and was taking a bunch of Sudafed, as that generally has the same sort of signature in the pee test.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
agriadam
TP Ghost

thanks omid a passed the info on.

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 05-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn omi!!!! The vast array of misc. information that you know!!!! I do believe we've only touched the surface.....

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #5
LaurieL622
TPunk Recognized

haha..yea omid know's a lot about this topic. Sudafed is a good scapegoat for MDMA, and speed (which is in ecstasy).

Your friend should also do a lot of exercise...as much as he can...before the test. Most drug residuals are exported out of the body like other toxins, and speeding up the metabolism will help out a lot. Tell him to drink lots of water (it can't hurt) and do cardio like crazy. Red bull and other caffeinated drinks can't hurt either...although you have to be careful with artificial metabolic stimulants (caffeine) because the metabolism speeds up while you're on it...but crashes afterwards.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
elfmaiden
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to elfmaiden

LOL! If we had drug tests at work, no doubt my boss would lose over half his staff! LOL! But I think that drug tests are alot less common in Canada.

I was watching Myth Busters and they showed how flakey the little drug tests are. Poppy seed bagels make them test positive! eek. I'd be dead in the water, I love poppy seeds!

Jenn
Old 05-29-2005, 06:37 PM   #7
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

yeah i watched that episode of myth busters, that was crazy, they showed up positive hours after they had eaten those poppy seed bagels.

Man, that would suck to have to take drug tests at work, i don't know a single place that does it around here, must be more of a US thing.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:04 PM   #8
bookofkels
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to bookofkels Send a message via Yahoo to bookofkels

i don't know if you have GMC health and vitiamin stores where you are but we had them in Philly, they sell a detox drink that your mate could take the day before, i don't know the name of it but a mate of mine who is a nurse used to use it before her drug tests at work and it got rid of any traces of coke
Old 05-31-2005, 02:52 PM   #9
showtimestafford
Members

Send a message via Yahoo to showtimestafford

The only places I can think of that do drug tests here in Scotland are stuff like the army, or maybe the police. The fact that so many of us are on anti-depressents (which I hear show up) and smoke dope would make a farse of our economy.

Go Here and download this game, you will never look back...
showtimestafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:10 PM   #10
agriadam
TP Ghost

I think that the only thing that really shows up for an extended perios of time is dope so if you live in a country where dope is tolerated/legal than their would really be no advantage to subjecteing employees to the hassle of drug tests.

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 05-31-2005, 03:11 PM   #11
agriadam
TP Ghost

correction

their are other drugs they test for but the most common is Weed so please you don't need to correct my statement

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 05-31-2005, 11:14 PM   #12
Joker
You want fries with that?

Thankfully I'm in a business that doesn't require drug testing, since we all know kitchen staffs are the biggest bunch of boozing drug-addled miscreants in the world! :D

However, there are detoxify products that work pretty damned well if you drink them the day before and chase with tons of water.

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #13
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Quote:
Originally posted by elfmaiden@May 27 2005, 10:23 AM

I was watching Myth Busters and they showed how flakey the little drug tests are.* Poppy seed bagels make them test positive!* eek.* I'd be dead in the water, I love poppy seeds!

Jenn
That is cause Poppy seeds contain opiates. I love lemon poppy seed muffins, but am sure not to eat any before my drug tests

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 AM   #14
elfmaiden
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to elfmaiden

Yeah I know, but it's still pretty lame. If you're gonna make someone do a drug test, it should be alittle less iffy! I think if you looked a poppy seed for too long you'd test positive. Ha ha. Especially when it's like their job yer talkin' 'bout. Ah well I guess you soon learn the ins and outs!

Jenn

P.S. Man I love Myth Busters, even if they just blow stuff up...ha ha!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:39 AM   #15
agriadam
TP Ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by elfmaiden@Jun 2 2005, 08:23 AM
P.S. Man I love Myth Busters, even if they just blow stuff up...ha ha!
ha ha so true but I as well can't get enough of that show

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 06-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #16
MeTurk
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

Get him to shave his head too, hair is supposed to keep a record of all the drugs you've taking (since your last haircut I guess) so if they really wanted to know they could. It's probably just a regulation test, just to cover themselfs they probably have no interest in knowing ether way for now.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #17
GrahamP

In response to the actual question, a company called Clear Choice makes a drink that will make your piss clean for 5 hours, and they make an additive that you can put in too. Its sold at all the head shops Ive ever been to. Probably wasnt the best call to roll a few days before a drug test though.

"Come on yall lets take a ride, don't you say shit just get inside, its time to take yo ass on another kind of trip cause you can't have the hop if you don't have the hip. Grab yo gat with the extra clip and close yo eyes and hit the switch, we goin to a place where everybody kick it kick it, kick it, yeah... that's the ticket ain't no bloodin', ain't no cripin' ain't no punk-ass nigga's set trippin' everybody's got a stack and it ain't no crack
and it really don't matter if you're white or black, I wanna take you there like the Staple Singers put something in the tank and I know that I can bring ya If you can't take the heat get yo' ass out the kitchen, we're on a mission" -coolio

http://grahampotter.blogspot.com
GrahamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:40 PM   #18
The Monsignor
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

before your buddy goes running to the local GNC and freaks... Lemme give you the straight scoop. (with a bit of background, first)

I'm in the U.S. Army. Here, we routinely get tested for all sorts of stuff, primarily Pot, Cocaine and Meth. (those are tested every time, other drugs are randomly tested from the samples sent in.) I've been in the Army 16 years now, and for 5 of those 16 years, I was the biochemical test guy for my unit... I've given thousands of them, and learned my trade from the guy who wrote the policy and procedures for the military drug testing program.

Detox tea isn't necessary. If he drinks plenty of water, it will reduce the amount of anything in the system below the testable amount earlier than letting time take it's course.

Have him drink plenty of water the couple days before, and pee first thing in the A.M. If he takes some B vitamins during that time, his piss will turn yellow, so it wouldn't be apparent he's trying to dilute it.

now, for the rest of the stuff...

They can still test to see if you're diluting the sample to beat the drug test. Generally only probation tests will check for that.

MDMA has a very short lifespan in the system. It's normally untraceable after 3 days or less. Methamphetamine will last longer, and is normally what people get caught on, because with certain processes for making MDMA, the byproduct of a failed batch is Meth! They often cut the tablets with meth, as well, to increase yield.

You can test for drugs such as LSD with a urine test, as well (although I've never seen it any positives for it ever)
All drugs can be detected in a hair test, however, they won't ask for it. It's quite a bit more expensive, and simply not practical.

On certain types of urine tests, Poppy seeds can make you come up positive for opiates. In the military and in law enforcement, though, they have to use a second test to confirm the results. (a Gas Chromatograph or Gas Spectrometer) That test will eliminate any false positives, as well as tell you exactly how many nanograms/ml of the drug you had in your system.

I don't recommend the sudafed dodge... it's a precursor to meth, but it doesn't make you test positive for meth unless you're taking massive amounts. It'll just make things seem dodgy

Shaving your head wouldn't do any good, cause you still have eyebrows, pubic hair, and body hair... if they really wanted to test you that badly.

Your buddy will be ok, however, cause he's outside the normal lifespan of the drug in his system. If he wants to be doubly sure, all he needs to do is drink plenty of water the day leading up to the test, and pee just before going to the testing center.

I do have a suggestion for him, though...

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #19
mjgeo
Members

With regards to the testing of hair, I am under the impression that doing so would be in most instances illegal unless the hair fell out by itself.

Not that I have any real knowledge in law, but I would imagine plucking your hair would be some intrusion of body issue the same as taking a blood sample.

"He who strays discovers new paths."
mjgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #20
The Monsignor
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

Quote:
Originally posted by mjgeo@Jun 4 2005, 11:34 PM
With regards to the testing of hair, I am under the impression that doing so would be in most instances illegal unless the hair fell out by itself.

Not that I have any real knowledge in law, but I would imagine plucking your hair would be some intrusion of body issue the same as taking a blood sample.
not really, any more than getting urine is illegal. The test is voluntary, in the case of employment. If you don't volunteer, and agree to possible future random tests as a condition of your employment, you simply don't work there. Nobody forces you to work for someone like that.

The mechanism of the test, be it blood, breath, urine or hair, is essentially irrelevant.

For law enforcement, blood tests are allowed when probable cause to believe that someone is under the influence. (such as a DUI accident, etc) Drug testing without cause is illegal, again, it doesn't matter what test they use.

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote