Magic-ness - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

View Poll Results: If you have tried them, did you enjoy your experience with magic mushrooms
Yes, Id do them again 7 53.85%
Yes but never again 2 15.38%
No I didnt get a kick 3 23.08%
No It was a nightmare 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 05-15-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
showtimestafford
Members

Send a message via Yahoo to showtimestafford

Just got back from my friends flat, where I ate 15g of magic truffles, like magic mushrooms but more potent so I hear. And goddamn, what a mental night. It was horrible and amazing. I thought I understood everything, and yet I couldnt make sense of what I was thinking. I was so afraid of doing something I didnt want to do, I tried to role a joint to help me get to sleep, and I tried to make a cup of coffee to kill of the hallucinations, but i only managed to stare a picture of rolf harris for about 2 hours.... I was terrified I would run myself a bath, and just fall asleep under the water. I know now the true meaning of trip, it was a journey and half. Im never doing magic mushrooms again.

Just wondering if anyone else has taken them/enjoyed themselves while doing so?

Go Here and download this game, you will never look back...
showtimestafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

I have, I don't think they were that strong though. I did end up watching Spice World and it was such a beautiful movie at that time .

I know what you mean about wanting to do something but not being able to. I was trying to unstick a recliner chair that wasn't working, and well, I really didn't do a thing, but I had about 6 people try to do it for me. I guess I wouldn't shut up about it and they just wanted me to stop talking.

Overall, it was crazy fun, but like I said, I think yours were stronger.

Oh, and don't do acid.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
showtimestafford
Members

Dont worry, I dont feel compelled to take acid. Mushrooms had a great high, but after that I felt useless, and I just wanted to sleep. I was pretty scared, cos I knew I could have done anything and I had no way to stop myself.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
TERI
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

Shrooms rock!!!! Just don't take 15 grams I usually do shrooms maybe once a year. I got super funny stories.lol. Just take like a half quarter or even just a gram 1/2 depending on your tolerance level. That way you can trip out without the paranoia.

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
butterj
TPunk Recognized

Iv'e done them many times and i love them, some nites i agree are not so good but generaly the first time yo are slightly worse because you were kind of nervous before and not sure of th effects (well at least for me this was the problem). In the UK they seel them in shops ad they have a list of the buzzy you get from each kind so you can pick visual or which ever you wan't. I love them and have had som amazing nights.

One night i went to a pimps and whore's party for someones birthday ate about 50-60 natural ones that grow in fields round here, after about 1 hour i actualy belived i was a pimp for the rest of the night it was a really funny night.

hum idea fancy dress mushroom party, i think i will have to have one of those sometime
butterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
bookofkels
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to bookofkels Send a message via Yahoo to bookofkels

I've always enjoyed taking them, there was only one night when i didn't have fun took too many and started to get paraniod, thats the worst feeling ever cos only you can sort yourself out and that no easy task when your all kinds of fucked up
Old 05-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
Haley
Members

I've never done them but my friend who has told me about his trip. I tend to stick to drinking. He said he sat in his dorm room listening to music and people started pouring in from the windows and moshing around his room. Then when he went outside, he saw "things" crawling towards him on the ground and when he brushed them away with his foot, he nearly broke down crying thinking he had destroyed a civilization.

He loves 'em. I might try them just to see what it's like once but i really don't trust drugs/dealing in America. You can never be for sure what you're actually getting....
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
mowark
TPunk Recognized

If as strong or stronger than mushrooms, 15g is WAY TOO MUCH.

mowark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:01 PM   #9
Ace_

i have done them, but will never again.
My older brother had taken them for years, but one time took a normal size one (or 10) but is was obviously too strong, and ended up in a mental hospital for months, its about 5 years later and he is still not 100% like he used to be.
i think the problem is, you never know how much poison is in a mushroom, at least with an acid trip, you know how much your getting.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 AM   #10
showtimestafford
Members

Yeah, I had no idea what it was going to be like, we just went a place called "the pipe shop", and asked for a bag of truffles, 1 full bag later I was looking for a picture of the pope in the newspaper.

I can just remember lying in the dark and looking at my hands, I was sure they were swollen up like balloons, but turns out in the morning they were fine. What a crazy night....

Old 05-16-2005, 04:29 AM   #11
d_fresh
TPunk Emeritus

I used to do them all the time....they're in abundance where I live...so you just go pick 50 or so and do them up in tea of whatever you like.
haven't done them in about 10 years...I don't have the kind of time it takes to do them and then recover from them anymore....same with lsd.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:40 AM   #12
butterj
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace_@May 16 2005, 04:00 AM
My older brother had taken them for years, but one time took a normal size one (or 10) but is was obviously too strong, and ended up in a mental hospital for months, its about 5 years later and he is still not 100% like he used to be.
i think the problem is, you never know how much poison is in a mushroom, at least with an acid trip, you know how much your getting.
I would also be carefull of acid because you still don't really know how much is in them.

Sorry to hear about your brother, i hope he recovers
butterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:58 AM   #13
Somnambulation
TPunk Emeritus

15 grams is about right for the ones they sell here in London. Ive only had the Mexicans, but Ive really had fun every time Ive taken them.
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #14
TimmyJames1976
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally posted by butterj+May 16 2005, 08:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(butterj @ May 16 2005, 08:39 AM)</div>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Ace_
Quote:
@May 16 2005, 04:00 AM
I would also be carefull of acid because you still don't really know how much is in them.

Sorry to hear about your brother, i hope he recovers [/b]
yes, acid is tricky, different grades and what not. never again.

shrooms were cool though

acid =

shrooms =

but that is just my take
Old 05-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #15
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

does this belong here??

"Drugs are just bad emkay"

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #16
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

aren't mushrooms the little homes of the smurfs?

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #17
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote