WAHOO!!!!!!!!! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

I know there have been a lot of these announcements about finally buying tickets posted lately, but i couldn't resist, i'm so excited!!!!!!!!! I leave July 2nd for Paris then return home via Glasgow on Aug 24th. 7 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!! And, because i used aeroplan miles all i had to pay were the airport fees which were a whopping $142.11.....oh man im psyched!

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
Tadpole
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Tadpole

Congratulations!

I wish I could go 7 1/2 weeks.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #3
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Thanks! it took so long for me to convince my parents to let me go for this long. but they finally caved. -how long are you gone for Tad?

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
Old 04-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

My dad just told me about this guy at his work that brought him some jamacain blue mountain coffee that his son brought back from cuba a couple years ago.

The kid told his parents he wanted to go to cuba. They said no way it's too dangerous. A couple weeks later he goes on a "camping trip" with some friends. Turns out he went to jamaica, bought a plane ticket to cuba hung out there for a week and flew home. He comes home with some of the worlds best coffee from Jamaica and a box of cubans to appease his dad.

How awesome is that?!?
Old 04-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

tres awesome!

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
Tadpole
TPunk Recognized

4 weeks

At first I was going for 6 weeks but my brother said he didn't want to pay the money for 6 weeks, i was pissed but we agreed on 4. Six weeks would have been awesome but 4 will have to do.

I fly in and out of London. June 9- July 12. Im not even going to England expect for the plane ride, but that was the only way into Europe left with Delta Skymiles. We will just have to find a way to London when its time to leave.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #7
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

yeah, i originally really wanted to come in through portugal but there are no tickets to be found within spain or portugal . oh well this itinerary works really well for me now so it's ok. (btw, why'd u decide to drop britain all together? i thought that was where u had originally wanted to go the most?)

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #8
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

you should try to at least see some of the sights surrounding london, like stonehenge & the ruins @ Avebury (sp?)

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
Tadpole
TPunk Recognized

Origianlly I was going to the Uk with some buddies, fly fishing and all. But they decided not spend all that money on traveling. So I asked my brother and and we decided to go all around Europe isntead.

We bought a Eurail pass and England unfortunely is on the Britrail system. If we were to visit England it would be when we first ge there. We would buy a bus ticket to the Stonehenge but we wouldn't spend to much time in England
Old 04-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #10
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

Wooo!

sounds great SA, you'll have a great time

and you beat me .... but hey whaddayagonnado?

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #11
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

well roz, now that i've beaten you, you're just going to have to make the trek out to the mainland for august and meet me!

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #12
Tadpole
TPunk Recognized

Laura likes them young!
Old 04-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #13
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Quote:
Originally posted by simply_angelic@Apr 10 2005, 11:50 PM
you're just going to have to make the trek out to the mainland for august and meet me! *
Trek? its more of a swim

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Old 04-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #14
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

lol, I am young you dork! He's only 6 months younger than me...and he was the first person around my age on the board, so o'course i wanna meet him! doesn't mean it has to be sexual....

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #15
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rozza+Apr 10 2005, 08:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rozza @ Apr 10 2005, 08:20 PM)</div>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-simply_angelic
Quote:
@Apr 10 2005, 11:50 PM
you're just going to have to make the trek out to the mainland for august and meet me! *
Trek? its more of a swim [/b]
a boat ride more like!

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 05:31 PM   #16
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Quote:
Originally posted by simply_angelic@Apr 11 2005, 12:21 AM
lol, I am young you dork! He's only 6 months younger than me...and he was the first person around my age on the board, so o'course i wanna meet him! doesn't mean it has to be sexual....
DAMMIT! FOILED AGAIN!!

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

- Terry Prachett
Old 04-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #17
Tadpole
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
lol, I am young you dork! He's only 6 months younger than me...and he was the first person around my age on the board, so o'course i wanna meet him! doesn't mean it has to be sexual.... whistling.gif
O ok I thought Rozza just turned 15. But he is 16. Well I take back what I said earlier.

You guys have fun on that boat ride.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #18
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rozza+Apr 10 2005, 08:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rozza @ Apr 10 2005, 08:30 PM)</div>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-simply_angelic
Quote:
@Apr 11 2005, 12:21 AM
DAMMIT! FOILED AGAIN!!

[/b]
lol, well that's not to say it COULDN'T be sexual....

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 05:39 PM   #19
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tadpole@Apr 10 2005, 08:34 PM
Quote:
lol, I am young you dork! He's only 6 months younger than me...and he was the first person around my age on the board, so o'course i wanna meet him! doesn't mean it has to be sexual.... whistling.gif
O ok I thought Rozza just turned 15. But he is 16. Well I take back what I said earlier.

You guys have fun on that boat ride.
well we wont exactly be going on the boat ride together.....he'd be taking it out to mainland......(cuz he lives on an island) but uh.....yeah...... sure.....

-James Dean

Old 04-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #20
blinkchick2134
TPunk Emeritus

You guys are nuts...I love Tpunk!

On a side note my mom still doesn't know I flew out to Chicago for the meetup back in December and she wont know about LA either...hehe.

"If I had a kid I'd f**k it. Then kill it. Then f**k it again." Seattle 2006

blog of travels and such
flickr

Currently located in HAWAII

Been to: Alaska, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Hawaii, Spain, Switzerland - - also meetups in Chicago, LA, and Seattle
blinkchick2134 is offline   Reply With Quote