transcended - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 12-01-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

So sij and I were talking in the chat (cause we are both crazy bored as usual) and the conversation wound around to how life is a game. We started talking about how we laugh outloud at the idiots around us who stress out over little unimportant things. Seriously I sometimes feel like i've transcended to a higher level where I don't worry or squable or things that in the grand scheme matter to no one.

Anyone else with one this? Do you just want to share your lack of stress and worry-free attitude with the world?

Quote:
.jake > i love life sij
.jake > its like its a big game
sij > hell yeah it is
.jake > i laugh outloud at the idiots i deal with at work
.jake > taking little stupid things so seriously
sij > i laugh out loud at a lot of people
.jake > it hurts my head to think of how stressed they must be
sij > yeah... its terrible
.jake > im seriously like a pothead or rastafarian without the weed
.jake > i love it
sij > you're crazy
.jake > its like i am above the world disconnected from the trials and trivias everyone is dealing and stressin about
.jake > man its great
Old 12-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #2
space virgin
Yoda

Is this along the same vein in which you were telling me that you enjoy acting like an asshole?
Old 12-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Mocassin
TPunk Emeritus

I just think abusing on drugs is baaaaaad for you honey!!! Just kidding...Maybe things that are not important for you are important for other people, it's just a matter of looking at the picture from different angles...Maybe to be wise is being able to change angles from time to time???
Old 12-02-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
space virgin
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by Mocassin@Dec 2 2004, 06:46 PM
Maybe things that are not important for you are important for other people, it's just a matter of looking at the picture from different angles...Maybe to be wise is being able to change angles from time to time???
well-said, mocsy! I'm so glad you stopped by, how are you doing anyway???
Old 12-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #5
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

Jake, be careful with that though. Next thing you know, you've slept through your arabic final and ruined your life because you were like a pothead without the weed and thought life was a game.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

bellelass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

i said without the weed people. I am NOT doping it up or smoking anything other than a hookah with regular tabbacco and molasses...

guess im alone on this one. No worries. No stress.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #7
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

hey I said without weed. I've been the same way all semester and now all of a sudden its gone and screwed me in the ass. Enjoy it while you can. Its all fine and dandy to be like that some of the time, but as a lifestyle its probably rather unwise, even a tad immature.

That said, this next winter/spring I'm so kicking it. No school.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."

Old 12-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #8
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

unfortunately i do stress out at little things sometimes but admittingly its because i had a troubled childhood so i can appreciate why other people stress!

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #9
joanofarc
Weasel Jones

Arrow

there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a pot head!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:50 PM   #10
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

no indeed unless you get kicked out of school and your money revoked if you are caught.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:53 PM   #11
space virgin
Yoda

Some things that I consider trivial are extraordinarily important to countless other people. And some shit that makes me stress like crazy may not even register on someone else's radar. That's the beauty of life: not all the same things are important to all people, all the time. I don't like being bogged down by the minutiae of "small" stuff either, but if all everyone ever did was sit around and look only at the "big picture", nothing would ever get done. Ever.

You need trees to make a forest...
Old 12-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #12
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

i always say life would be pretty boring if we were all the same!

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #13
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

doing small things sucks. I like to do big ones.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:10 PM   #14
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

I agree little things suck.

I resolved the other day to not work after 26. I am devising a diabolical plan now to get passive income so I don't have to work with stupid people.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:11 PM   #15
voyd
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to voyd Send a message via Yahoo to voyd
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by jakethepunk@Dec 2 2004, 06:12 AM
how life is a game.
Well, another guy also came to the same conclusion over 2500 years ago. You might have heard of him - his name was Siddhartha Gautama (aka "Buddha")?

According to him, unenlightened life is "maya," or illusory, in the sense that what we perceive is only a small fragment of full reality.

* So in Gen-X terms, yes, we're like characters in a video game. "We" will all eventually die (but still want to achieve a high score, regardless). But when the character dies, the player (soul) still lives on. And he might get new characters and play a bunch more times until he masters or tires of that game (reincarnation?). Then, when that player/soul "dies," its spirit will still live on. Eventually...we will all merge back into the universal zero-sum "Taoist void." My epitaph? GAME OVER.

They also incorporated a lot of this philosophy in The Matrix - for another modern analogy.

* (All just personal opinion here, btw.)
Quote:
Originally posted by jakethepunk@Dec 2 2004, 09:16 PM
guess im alone on this one.* No worries. No stress.
Go with the flow? See Taoism - also possibly formulated ~2600 years ago.

So, I feel ya, bro. As have many before you.
voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #16
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

you could sell drugs instead of working with stupid people. Thats what I always advise the leeches that work the drag to do.

note: I like real hoboes, but I hate "drag rats" who have a place to stay but they choose not to shower and to panhandle... And they're mostly assholes. Its like.. either be a bum or dont be a bum.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:19 PM   #17
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Voyd you are and will continue to be THE MAN!

thanks bro

and belle... a drug induced life is not for me
Old 12-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #18
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

well really, if you are selling drugs its a bad idea to do them yourself. Cant dip into in inventory...

Old 12-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #19
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

tru... hmm where to find a crack house in the desert....
Old 12-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #20
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Jake, you'd be better off finding a meth lab in the desert. They're far more prevalent than crackhouses in areas like yours! (Not that I'd know anything about that...)

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote