i want to kill my travel partner.... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-07-2004, 04:48 AM   #1
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

seriously guys have had enough already! Have even spent some time out meditating and it (yes thats right have renamed her!!) is still bugging me...and i still got 14 weeks left of her aggghhh

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 07:45 AM   #2
pinion
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to pinion

I don't really know the history behind who you are travelling with...but just suggest you want to travel alone for a few weeks.

If she has a problem with that just tell her too bad
And I never will play the wild rover no more
pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:54 AM   #3
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

i find a pair lead boots helps...... did you set off with her? or did you just meet her?

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

Yeah I'm totally with pinion, just tell her you want to travel alone for awhile. If that doesn't work, then just go ahead and kill her

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
joanofarc
Weasel Jones

hey - i know all about this - TRUST ME. it's probably hard if not impossible for you to elaborate on your woes as she's most likely sittting right next to you in a net cafe, oh boy - do i ever know what you're going through - but just for the entertainment of the group PLEASE do try and tell us a bit more about how exactly she's bugging you... haha!

to be honest though - don't think about it too much - which i know is hard, but the more you dwell on how lame she's being, the more pissed you'll get - the more sour your trip could become... which wouldn't be good. if she's open to splitting up for say a week at a time, maybe three times during the trip - DO IT. it should work wonders... i'd also suggest taking whole days apart while you're in the same city - each of you go exploring for the day and meet up to talk about the days adventures over dinner, that should help too.

i figure, unless you're travelling with a lover (or you're two males travelling together : ) a trip lasting more than ten days is asking for trouble./
Old 09-07-2004, 09:37 AM   #6
llemus7
TPunk Emeritus

joan is right we need a little more info. on how she is bugging you so we can give you some ideas.

Well one idea i can give you right now, since she is bugging you, why don't you meet new people on your trip and hang around with them and party with them, and that will take some time from you and her, or at least there will now be another person hanging out with both of you, and that way you will avoid the one on one with her.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
pinion
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to pinion

How about put a little spin on the whole killing her thing...

Why don't you play dead?

At first she might freak out and shake you alot...but I'm sure she'd go away..

right?

Maybe thats not such a good idea, but it sure is a funny mental image!

WAKE UP BEERGAL!!! WE HAVE TO GO!!!
And I never will play the wild rover no more
pinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 AM   #8
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

If all else fails, you can always numb yourself with more BEER!

All kidding aside, imagine for a moment that you weren't off in Hungary, and think instead what you would do if a friend were getting on your nerves at home. How would you handle the situation then? Maybe you can decide to do some things that you know your friend has no interest in.. Establish a bit of independence that way and maybe then you'd both be comfortable going off on your own. Just a thought..

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:26 AM   #9
dudeman
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

I would try to sell her to some locals.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:40 AM   #10
joanofarc
Weasel Jones

Wink

you could also: tell her to strip down to her thong and then straddle your face while you handlessly slip a fiver in her drawers - hey, it would at least make a good avatar once you're home!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:44 AM   #11
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

Hah! Joan, you'd be amazed at how effecitve that is for getting rid of people

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:47 AM   #12
space virgin
Yoda

joan, you had the same idea as me! LOL-- damn, we are freaks.

Beergal will probably be along to clarify the situation, but I just thought I would chime in: She's not on a trip, she's an exchange student in Hungary for the next 4 months and the person bugging her is a friend who is doing the same exchange program. So that's why she can't get away from her, lol.

Beergal-- you could just do the honest thing and say "GO AWAY, YOU'RE BUGGING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" haha!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:52 AM   #13
joanofarc
Weasel Jones

Thumbs down

oh, haha - thanks for the clarification, j!

well, that's a whole other story then isn't it... alright, so: if you love her and cherish your friendship in any/ way shape or form: you'll need advice from someone else - however- if you don't really give a shit about the friendship i'd say: give her the cold shoulder and buddy up with other people in the program then try to casually slip friendship back into the equation, if she's just weak enough she'll go for it and you'll have the best of both worlds - new less annoying program-mates and a still partial friend in the girl form home??? haha - sorry.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #14
chana
TPunk Recognized

Just go out there and mingle with the Hungarians, tell her I'll be back and take off for a while, meanwhile meet people. I'm willing to bet that when you begin exploring your sorroundings (alone) and start making friends the rest will take care of itself. Just do what you can to reduce the amount of time you spend together for starters and then maybe you can naturally venture off in seperate directions. Either way, good luck B)
Old 09-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #15
Diorama
TPunk Emeritus

oh boy I also know what your talking about. Seriously the best cure for that is to take off for a day or two by yourself. Go and wander around a city ALONE. If your still pissed off then tell her you want to travel alone. This is YOUR trip you spent all the money, so do you really want this one person to ruin it all??
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:53 AM   #16
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

thanks for all yr replies guys, yeah i am on an exchange and living with the girl!!!! Have decided that it will prob be best for me to just go off on my own for a few days for the things i wanna see being the independant girl i am and all but i will take every option in to consideration lol even the new avatar option omi ha ha

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:54 AM   #17
kazza
Members

lol when i went to NZ i bought a car and at each hostel i picked up ppl to help with travel costs... this worked out great i met so many ppl this way... so anyway the trip was awesome we had the freedom to do what we wanted when we wanted... until i picked a guy at one of the last hostels i was staying at... he drove me absolutely crazy!!!!! i took a deep breath and thought its okay only a few more days and he's going up the west coast of the north island and i was going up the east coast... so i politely had a chat to him explaining that i was going to be dropping him off at the fork of our roads... he then says hey cool im easy with anything i'll go up the east coast instead... so anyway as everyone is falling asleep i'll cut this short.... i had to in a very sensitive/assertive way explain that i needed to do this last part of my trip alone.. just to have time for me... so we worked stuff out, i drove him to the closest hostel and we've emailed since.. hmmm about 4 years now... so... yep what am i going to do.... catch up with him in Holland.. he is prolly going to drive me absolutely crazy again but hes very sweet and would do anything for anyone ... so i'll smile and have a good time
kazza is offline   Reply With Quote