where should i go? - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Canadian Bacon
Artist of Life

Default where should i go?

Tpunks

I usually don't ask advice for where to go, since I have a pretty good idea. But now is an exception.

BACKGROUND: I am completing my tour in Afghanistan in a month and will be in Dubai in early April. My only 'must' stops are Dubai and London. I have a few weeks in between.

Where you you go? Where should I go???

CB
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Canadian Bacon
Artist of Life

come on tpunks... you can do better than this...
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
The Sasquatch
TPunk Recognized

so are you planning on spending a few weeks getting form dubai to london in that general direction?
The Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
expatben
lover of Germany

I would hit out Turkey-never been but its somewhere I would like to go-maybe Greece too it all depends on what you wanna do in those stops.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

I also think that Turkey would be a good destination. I also heard that there is a good Hostel in Budapest that you might want to check out. There is a Spring Festival with parades and a bon fire to burn the winter away in Zurich on April 10. Don't know how that would be but it might be fun. Also bullfighting season begins in April so if you want to make it over to that side of the continent. Keep us posted!

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Turkey and Romania!!! Nuff said!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
Canadian Bacon
Artist of Life

Thanks guys. The choice right now is between Jordan-Israel and somewhere in Turkey, which I can then transition into a Budapest, Prague, Berlin sorta route

Old 10-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
PhilBill

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilBill
Cool Georgia & Armenia AMAZING

Loved both Armenia and Georgia but found Georgians and their government's tourist policy makes it the FRIENDLIEST country in the world which is becoming increasingly more difficult to travel requiring special invitation only expensive visas etc. etc. Georgia issues 1 YEAR tourist visa upon arrival FREE. It's the first country since arriving in the Philippines in 1980 where I really fell in love with the culture and people. After 5 weeks I traveled 12 days all around eastern Kurdish Turkey and to Cappadocia but felt homesick so felt compelled to go back to the Batumi BIAFF film festival for 5 days before heading for Cyprus where I am now. So if you're ever in doubt as where to travel GO FOR IT. Fly Dubai is a new discount airlines which has plans to grow large in the next 4 years having already ordered many planes. I booked Kathmandu to Yerevan Armenia one way only U$226 after being frustrated being rejected tourist visa applications by 3 Pakistan Embassies and China Embassy in New Delhi ( no return ticket no visa policy ). Originally planned to go overland from Sri Lanka to Mediterranean Sea; I think next time I will buy vehicle in Europe and drive across the "Stans" to Mongolia China and maybe Vietnam.
PhilBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
PamelaWalker

If you are traveling Asian countries then you should consider India, China, Singapore... These have very good tourist spots to visit.
PamelaWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
RoadTripper

Default If you've never been

You need to make it to Denali National Park AK in June.
RoadTripper is offline   Reply With Quote