I like to call it "oops!" - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Studying, Living, Working, Volunteering Abroad, Expats

Studying, Living, Working, Volunteering Abroad, Expats Currently or planning on studying abroad, living abroad, working abroad, and volunteering abroad. Expats talk for all of you Huck Finn's out there. You rebels with a without a cause. Summer travel is child's play to you.

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam
Default I like to call it "oops!"

Back story: on my travel throughout Europe I carried a digital camera with me that also took video. in order to do this there was a switch on top of my camera that flipped back and forth from still to video. well as I would take my camera out the switch would get stuck on my pants pocket and flip it from still to video. Needless to say I got a lot of unintentional video shots. So I have compiled them here for your enjoyment.

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me

Last edited by agriadam; 04-16-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added You tube
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
agriadam
TP Ghost

hmmm can't tell if the last post has the link or another video that I was going to post.....

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 04-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
travelpunk
Admin

Hahhaha... You could totally hear the frustration in your voice each time you realized the switch was flipped.

Funny clip. Thanks !
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
mooloo
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via MSN to mooloo

haha thats awesome!!!

Explore, Dream, Discover." Mark Twain

---------------------------------------------------------------
My World Travelogue - Bloggity Blog
Updated April 2010!
--------------------------------------------------
Soon
NZ or OZ
Saving for a year - 18 months for a decent trip

Soonest
Trying my hand at short walks/tramps in NZ
NZ or OZ Travel
Passport Stamps; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Vietnam
mooloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
joe7f
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

I cracked up at the video! I am so glad my new camera has a separate button for recording completely independent of the setting wheel.

--Joe

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
agriadam
TP Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelpunk View Post
Hahhaha... You could totally hear the frustration in your voice each time you realized the switch was flipped.

Funny clip. Thanks !
Yes it is a lot bette with sound. though I'm glad it happened now and I'm glad I didn't delete all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe7f View Post
I cracked up at the video! I am so glad my new camera has a separate button for recording completely independent of the setting wheel.

--Joe
My new camera does now, though I find myself never using.....

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Hassie

Talking

Haha that's an awesome video, thanks so much for making me crack up!! (Had to muffle my laughter at work though, whoops! )
Hassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
bizflats

lol thats so funny....
bizflats is offline   Reply With Quote