European Travel - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > General Travel Tips and Advice

General Travel Tips and Advice Have you traveled before?- Please share your tips and advice with fellow Tpunks!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
WJeff

Default European Travel

Hey

these guys have been on the news over here for finding the really cheap door to door journeys to Europe, worked well for me in getting to Chamonix for climbing this winter. Should be quite a lot of use to people on a budget:

zoombu.co.uk

Cheers,

W
WJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
joe7f
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

Thanks man welcome to the boards

Joe

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
vikkithailand

Check out vizivo.com if you want to rent a car at Amsterdam Central Station, they are based right at the station but a bit daft you must book online ??? So although I was less than a mile away in my Hotel I had to get online to book. Mind you I saved some Euros , when I saw what I would have paid had I gone straight to the car hire counter. WARNING Vizivo's locations in Glasgow and Bath (UK) are 1 mile from the railway stations.... but great service...
vikkithailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
paulkaplan

Absolutely no risk to travel by bus from Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh. I made this trip for the past two years, every 3 weeks and I have never suffered any kind of danger. Remember that you can get a visa at the border going into Cambodia, but you must have a visa issued prior to arrival at the border of Vietnam.
paulkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
melliset

Default Re:General Travel Tips and Advice

Welcome guys..You are doing a good job..
melliset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
stelasmith

I am 100% agree with you. There are no any risk to travel by bus from Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh. I travelled so many times on that way by my own bus and car also.

For advertising, please send PM to - travelpunk."
stelasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
ricksymond

Trip to France, Germany or any country in Europe on a limited budget, requires a comprehensive planning and research. The first step is to find cheap airline tickets, because ticket prices have a huge block of the total cost of international travel. Many agencies offer cheap airfares for students, or large group travel packages.

For advertising, please send PM to - travelpunk."
ricksymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #8
nhicolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksymond View Post
Trip to France, Germany or any country in Europe on a limited budget, requires a comprehensive planning and research. The first step is to find cheap airline tickets, because ticket prices have a huge block of the total cost of international travel. Many agencies offer cheap airfares for students, or large group travel packages.
You are right and the best place to search for these things is online. Here you get all sorts of information in what so ever manner you want and can also know the views of different people and their experience about a particular place of particular experience. I always search for the things that I don't know and if I don't get satisfying answer then ask people on related forums as it helps a lot.
nhicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #9
bravostrauss

Many people believe that, first of all travel plans should do is figure out what you want to go. In a way, this is correct, but only in a general sense. For example, suppose your next trip to Europe, you want to go to France, Spain and Italy. This is good, you should have an idea, start with this.First of all hire a car and than check vehicle size and type, price and insurance, that is, I think you should have a good idea what it is, you need to decide what you want.
bravostrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
austinblak

Europe is prominent for its public transport and a large number of cheap flights, and the reality, this is indeed so compact, so many countries are hit together, means that it really is infinitely easier to be solved in Europe.At this time, rent a car in Europe is justified. However, for many travelers travel to Europe, rent a car here seem daunting.
austinblak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
samystrauss

Many people believe that, first of all travel plans should do is find out where you want. In a sense, this is correct, but only in a general sense. For example, suppose your next trip to Europe, you want to go to France, Spain and Italy. This is good, you should have an idea, start with this.First all rent a car, compared with the control vehicle size and type, price, insurance, that is, I think you should have a good idea what it is, You need to decide what you want.
samystrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
andyyblak

The main car rental companies in Europe. You may be familiar with the car rental companies such as Thrifty, Budget and Avis, all of which operated in most major European airports and cities. In addition, there are many other big European car rental companies, including Eurocar company.
andyyblak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
tomycruze

Europe is the highlight of their public transport and a large number of cheap flights, and the reality, this is indeed so compact, so many countries are hit together, means that it really is infinitely easier to be solved in Europe.At this time, rent a car in Europe is justified. However, for many Americans travel to Europe, rent a car here seem daunting.
tomycruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #14
arronnbrown

The main car rental companies in Europe. You may be familiar with the car rental companies such as Thrifty, Budget and Avis, all of which operated in most major European airports and cities. In addition, there are many other big European car rental companies, including Eurocar company.
arronnbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #15
milfordplaza

I created this vacation for the last two decades, every 3 several weeks and I have never experienced any type of risk. Keep in mind that you can get a charge at the edge going into Cambodia, but you must have a charge released before introduction at the edge of Vietnam.
milfordplaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #16
hollysurly

As every Europhile knows, summer is a bewitched time to analyze The Continent. But back it’s aswell top season, if ante for biking and adaptation skyrocket, it hasn’t about been the best time to acquisition wallet-friendly deals. This year, however, is different. Not alone accept visitors to Europe become savvier than anytime about aloof out account strategies, but there are affluence of new affordable biking options to board them.

For starters, flights to Europe are now far added numerous—and appropriately added competitively priced—than in antecedent years. The EU-US Open Skies air-transport agreement, which became able in March 2008, accustomed for abundantly added air cartage to European hubs—and in the advancing months, U.S. and all-embracing carriers will add even added new European routes to their offerings. (U.S. Airways, for instance, will alpha active flights amid Charlotte, North Carolina and Paris this spring; Delta affairs a summertime barrage of its new Detroit-Rome route.)

Travel aural Europe is aswell more reasonable. Discount European airlines, like RyanAir and EasyJet, are actualization dozens of new inter-city flight routes, abounding of them priced outrageously low (how does a $40 one-way admission amid Berlin and Dubrovnik sound?). Meanwhile, alternation account is accretion beyond the Continent, with anew alien routes and accelerated coaches (especially in Spain and Italy), forth with aces offerings like The Danube Express, a adequate 1950’s commuter-rail alternation that runs all-embracing sightseeing trips in 10 altered countries. And travelers who adopt to do their own active can yield advantage of a new way to save this year, too: Hertz’s 369 rental program, which now allows barter in nine European countries to hire cars by the hour, rather than by the day.

There are even a few new tricks to award budget-conscious peak-season European lodgings. Renting a cost-effective alcazar is a vaunted action for European travelers, of course. But those who don’t apperception alternation backdrop (small, design-minded ones, that is) can analysis into several new, affordable options, like the InterContinental Group’s Hotel Indigo (with new locations in the U.K.), the Amsterdam-based CitizenM, and the Spain-based Room Mate. There are aswell abundant deals to be had at big alternation hotels that are geared against business travelers—provided you book on the weekends, if ante can dip by 25 to 50 percent.

__________________________________________________ ___________

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much space.”
hollysurly is offline   Reply With Quote