I'm taking a mystery trip! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Where ya going? & Specific country info! > Europe: Western

Europe: Western Cafés, castles, architecture, art, wine, the Euro, gastronomy, let´s meet up, and pub crawls.! Oh oui, backpackers paradise...

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38
Default I'm taking a mystery trip!

sooooooo here's the deal.

I've been down and out about $ and not being able to go to Peru OR Costa Rica, but my finances have turned around greatly and as a result, I have budgeted in not one but TWO trips... one will be over spring break in late March and I have not booked that yet because I haven't quite decided where I want to go there (I'm using the voucher from the Peru/Costa Rica flight so I have a small limited amount of places to choose from). For sure it's going to be a beach front location, complete with water sports and booze, and maybe a cool day trip or two.

But here's the big trip... I did book my other trip only because I scoured the internet and found an amazing price to this location (kind of like last year when I found that flight to Frankfurt for like 600 bucks). My trip will be a month long (!!!!) and I will be visiting around 9 cities (1 or 2 that I've been to before and would like to return to, and the rest brand new)...

Where am I going, you ask? I'm not telling!!! In fact, I'm never going to tell you! I'm going to make a little game out of this, and I will blog from each place, post pics, etc, and everyone can guess! Then when I get back everyone can have a full write-up.

I'm not even going to tell you when I am going! I'm just going to post one day and say "we'll be seein ya".

I was kind of inspired to be an asshole when WWM took his little secret trip and then told us once he was there. I thought that was mean and clever all at the same time. But I am going to kick it up a notch and make this a nice little mind game!

SOOOOO... be on the lookout.

HINT #1: the big trip will be AFTER my spring break trip
HINT #2: if I am visiting 2 cities I've been to before, this narrows down the area that I am going to, obviously....
HINT #3: Celine Dion did not inspire this trip, nor will she be performing at any of these destinations, though if our schedules happen to align, I will have tickets

tpunk gallery * twitter

Last edited by pinknic38; 12-07-2008 at 06:48 AM.
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
Dig
TPunk Moderator

Kick A$$. I love stuff like this. The anticipation will be a bit much due to the fact you don't leave for 4 months. I had no idea that WWM did this before, but what a great idea.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
jengt
Hiked the Inca Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknic38 View Post
I was kind of inspired to be an asshole when WWM took his little secret trip and then told us once he was there. I thought that was mean and clever all at the same time.
Actually, until recently Mike never said where he was going ahead of time. Thought is was bad luck trying to get a standby seat. He caught a LOT of people with their mouths hanging open when he went to Syria - unannounced. (I knew before he left, but he didn't know I knew. )

Sounds like a lot of fun Nicole. I didn't realize you had to cancel the Costa Rica trip. I'm sure ________ will be a great time too.

Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer (an ad in the Smithsonian)

Travel is the enemy of bigotry.
jengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

I'll take a geuss! Starting in Holland then onto Germany and then....... Better watch yourself on FB or you may just blow your SECRET
Old 12-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengt View Post
I didn't realize you had to cancel the Costa Rica trip. I'm sure ________ will be a great time too.
yep, feeling the blow from the economy so I had to nix it. looks like Costa Rica might be the winner for spring break though so I'm not too worried. This Spirit Airlines is great about doing the vouchers. I'm still deciding though.

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 12-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
worldwidemike
TPunk Emeritus

Yeah...and does Jenny tell you how she found out about Syria? Little Miss Internet Stalker knew I was surfing Thorn Tree to look for leads and some info on my "mystery destination." She looks for worldwidemike on there, and voila! Read his posts, scoops my surprise. Oh well.

Hey, Nic! Grand Cayman is another destination with more than just beaches. There's some other stuff to do there that might interest you for your Spring Break beach trip. Oh, and may I suggest riding a mountain bike in Aruba...?

As for my guess on Nic's mystery destination, I think Roxy on the right path. I think she's going to Krautland. Her last trip there was abbreviated, and she wants to go back and pick it up where she left off. Either that or Qatar (just kidding...they would shoot Celine Dion there. On sight.).

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
offhegoes03
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to offhegoes03

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwidemike View Post
Either that or Qatar (just kidding...they would shoot Celine Dion there. On sight.).

worldwidemike
And that's a bad thing because....?

Barcelona and Beyond, My 2008 European Blog:
http://www.travelpunk.com/blogs/offhegoes03
offhegoes03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
DharmaBum

What is a celine dion?

Places visited: 38 states in North America including Hawaii. Mexico, Guam, Ireland, Wales, England, Germany,Poland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Belgium, China, Hong Kong, Macau and...
DharmaBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Hahahaha! That could be the funniest thing I've read! Save your ears! You don't want to know what a Celine Dion is! Sorry Nicole...
Old 12-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! NOT FUNNY!!!!!!

Hmmm you all think you're so smart, but are you??????

And Colombia is a done deal. Celine and her peepaw husband won't be there to protect me so hope I don't wind up with a Colombian neck tie!

I don't know why I did this, I am terrible at keeping secrets!!!!!!!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 12-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #11
jengt
Hiked the Inca Trail

Quote:
Yeah...and does Jenny tell you how she found out about Syria? Little Miss Internet Stalker knew I was surfing Thorn Tree to look for leads and some info on my "mystery destination." She looks for worldwidemike on there, and voila! Read his posts, scoops my surprise. Oh well.worldwidemike
Yeah, well...you shouldn't tell me things you don't want me to know! I was curious, so I did some research.

Have a great time in Colombia Nicole!

Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer (an ad in the Smithsonian)

Travel is the enemy of bigotry.
jengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #12
worldwidemike
TPunk Emeritus

Nicole: If you remember from my Peru travelog, Doug and Monique both went to Colombia to live for a couple months after hiking the trail. As a matter of fact, they might still be there. Let me know if you want to try and get ahold of them to find out some details. Or heck, contact them. It is "Doug Graham" and "Monique Kowalski" on my Facebook friends list...

Have fun, you secret keeper...!

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #13
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Quote:
Have fun, you secret keeper...!
best believe, I WILL!

tpunk gallery * twitter