Now, that's slow mail...! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 07-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
worldwidemike
TPunk Emeritus

Default Now, that's slow mail...!

So, the other day I open up my mailbox and there's a postcard in it. From Costa Rica. I'm thinking, "Who do I know that is in Costa Rica right now?"

I turn it over and read it. It's from Amber, and was written more than what? A year ago? It must have gotten lost in some podunk post office somewhere in the country, been found, and finally mailed. I couldn't believe it...like a time capsule! My daughter, the world traveler, thinking of her Tpunk Dad...sniff.

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

hahaha freaking mail. That's insane!!!

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
juliagulia
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Oh the mail system...

I haven't gotten any year old mail, but I have gotten letters that are half opened, postcards that are absolutely MUTILATED and grimy and magazines where the covers are practically only holding on by a thread. They sent us a survey (through the mail about the mail; isn't that a little funny?) and I ripped them apart about the horrible condition our mail will be in sometimes.

Now that's bad service!

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

When I got my new passport in the mail, it came in some jank half-opened envelope that looked like it fell off the back of the truck and was run over. My passport even has a crease in the binding (on obvious one) from the fucking shit. Like when I got the envelope I didn't even have to open it to get out the passport.

You'd think with things like that they might be a little more careful!

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
Diorama
TPunk Emeritus

I sent a package from Vietnam and apparently my mom said it arrived looking like a dog had been sent in to rip it apart. You wonder what actually goes on behind the scenes. I was surprised when I sent post cards to canada from myanmar. It only took 6 weeks and that was considering all the riots that were happening last sept. But mike ONE year.....wow..Thats one little fighter of a postcard.
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
blinkchick2134
TPunk Emeritus

Haha! My mom and dad and some of the other people I sent cards out to in that same batch all got theirs last week, as well. A whole year. My mom called me yelling that she was coming down to Costa Rica to bring me back, she thought I had gone back with Chris....she's interesting. Everyone else picked up on it. I don't know if they were just shoved in a back corner for a year or what. I was thinking maybe the office has to quarantine all postcards in that city for a year. Glad you finally got it Mike!

"If I had a kid I'd f**k it. Then kill it. Then f**k it again." Seattle 2006

blog of travels and such
flickr

Currently located in HAWAII

Been to: Alaska, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Hawaii, Spain, Switzerland - - also meetups in Chicago, LA, and Seattle
blinkchick2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Thats too fucking funny!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkchick2134 View Post
My mom called me yelling that she was coming down to Costa Rica to bring me back, she thought I had gone back with Chris....
why do I feel like that's something my mom would do? classic

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:14 AM   #9
worldwidemike
TPunk Emeritus

Oh, I knew you weren't back with him...that, and we'd just seen you a couple weeks before! Yep, Amber, I have quite the collection of postcards on my refrigerator from my TP daughter...!

You'll have to give me the address you think you'll be at so that Jenny and I can send you one from Peru in September...

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #10
florencia9699
TPunk Emeritus

Wow! At least you recieved it... I'm still waiting the confiurmation that Tony got mine from that big postcard send-out we had, remember?... I hate the post office!!!

(Yes, you're right... I'M BACK!!!!!)
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
joe7f
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

You'll have to get the confirmation from Jake though

Nice to see you around again Flo

--Joey

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #12
maracle
Rabidly Xenophilic

Florencia sighting!!!

Jeeze it had been like 6 months. Thankfully facebook fills the gap :D