nicole's euro itenerary - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > Post Your Itinerary

Post Your Itinerary Need help in planning, sorting, adding, and subtracting to your itinerary?
Post it here and see how the Tpunks would do it!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 03-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38
Default nicole's euro itenerary

well well well kids, we're getting down to it being that time! (well, not really, but we're under 3 months now) anyway, I have some itenerary issues that I want to get ironed out so I can make all my hostel reservations.

as a refresher, I'll be going to Europe from June 12th to June 26th. I fly into Frankfurt, Germany. I get there early on a Friday morning. I have no hard plans until the Celine concert on that Monday, and that first weekend has been my troubled part of the trip the whole time.

originally I was planning on going to Zurich until I found out some crazy soccer championship is going on then and I said hell no. Then I was like, let's go to Amsterdam. Then I find out that I will of course be drug tested at my job when I get back. I don't want to go to A-dam unless I can fully enjoy it... LOL. So then I found cheap cheap tickets from Frankfurt to London and that was my plan until I pull out my paperwork today and I realized I never got a confirmation for that so I called the carrier and turns out I was not booked all along. SO. there's that.

My thoughts for that weekend was either hang around and see parts of Germany I wasn't going to have time to see... Cologne, Bonn, Dusseldorf, etc. Or go to Belgium somewhere for the weekend. I really want to see Switzerland but I know Zurich is out. I don't know. What are some suggestions ya'll have that I can check out that first weekend? I'm game for another country, my aunt said something about Copenhagen so that's a possibility. I just don't have my heart set on anything because there's so much I want to see and plus I can have fun anywhere.

keep in mind I'll already be seeing Prague, Munich, and Krakow on my trip so those are out.

holler!

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

No London meetup?!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren313 View Post
No London meetup?!
I'm checking right now on airfares to different places, but it looks like London is actually the cheapest so looks like London is still on!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

okay I did some shifting so I am able to do everything I want.

Lauren you better be ready for a London meetup cos I booked my tix to London for real this time (I even called to double check haha). I am so so so glad I checked all this out now to realize the ticket was not booked or else I would have been SCREWED come time to fly to London! hahahah.

I already had a hostel reservation there which I never cancelled so I am good to go.

okay. breathe.

note to everyone else... if you use the low-cost carriers in europe (or anywhere) make sure you call and double check your reservation so the same thing does not happen to you!

and I think I got on the same flight I was trying for before. it flies into London City Airport and when I leave I fly out of LHR. Weird! and really I think I paid $10 less for this plane ticket than before. So I saved $10. that's like 1 beer in London or something. Or maybe a half of one. hahahahaha

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #5
mbo108
TPunk. Recognize.

So you get to Frankfurt on Friday...and have to be back by Monday, early afternoonish I'm guessing...

You could check out one of the smaller countries in Europe - Luxembourg. Is Munich on your list? Copenhagen might be a little far unless you were planning on flying...If you get all the way to Brussels might as well continue on to Bruges...anyways, good luck planning it

Where you going to be from the 19th to the 26th? It looks like I'll be up in Scandinavia mostly but you never know.
mbo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

let's see.... the 19th-26th will be as follows:

19th: fly from Munich to Krakow (will be in Munich the 17th-19th)
20th: Krakow
21st: Krakow
22nd: fly from Krakow to Cologne
23rd-25th: wandering around the Cologne-Bonn-Dusseldorf area
26th: Frankfurt to fly home

the 22nd-25th are pretty flexible for me as I dunno what I wanna do. Was planning on Prague but decided there are other places I want to see first.

let me know if you'll be in the vicinity!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 03-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

I'll feel proper bad if I have stuff I have to do at uni over that period - think I mentioned before I have 4 weeks off lectures where we're officially meant to be doing self-directed study, etc... I asked if I can go and work at the prison for a couple of weeks during that time, not sure if it'll happen, and when. I'll def keep you posted though!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #8
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

well no worries either way just let me know! I know it's a little ways off, even if you can make it down to hang out for a little while would be sweet, whatever works for you.

this way actually works out better for me personally cos this is the only place I was looking at where the flight gets me to stuttgart in plenty of time to prepare for Celine... all the other ones get in at like 4pm and the concert is at like 8pm so that makes me nervous because I am perpetually early for everything by nature lol. I just want time to check in at the hostel, get some eats and a few beers before I get ready.

so how about I was looking over my little excel sheet for my trip for the first time in a few months and I made a little section for things I plan on doing while I'm in each country, whether it's a specific bier garden, restaurant, museum, etc, or something, I put a few ideas down that I must do. For Munich, besides the bike tour I'm doing, my other day says "drink beer all day" HAHAHAH. classy.

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 03-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #9
MeTurk
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknic38 View Post
note to everyone else... if you use the low-cost carriers in europe (or anywhere) make sure you call and double check your reservation so the same thing does not happen to you!
I'll 2nd that, AerArran (Arran Islands airline, who are fucking cowboys who think a passenger plane handles like a jet fighter fun if your not afraid of flying) still have my payment as pending a day later. I just going to have to break down and ring them.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #10
hurr111
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinknic38 View Post

My thoughts for that weekend was either hang around and see parts of Germany I wasn't going to have time to see... Cologne, Bonn, Dusseldorf, etc. Or go to Belgium somewhere for the weekend. I really want to see Switzerland but I know Zurich is out. I don't know. What are some suggestions ya'll have that I can check out that first weekend? I'm game for another country, my aunt said something about Copenhagen so that's a possibility. I just don't have my heart set on anything because there's so much I want to see and plus I can have fun anywhere.

keep in mind I'll already be seeing Prague, Munich, and Krakow on my trip so those are out.

holler!
Hi Nicole, When I went to Switzerland I didn't stay in Zurich either because there was a big Rave Parade going on. Instead I went up into the Mountains which wasn't a bad train ride from Zurich. I stayed in both Interlacken and Gimmelwald. I can not recommend Gimmelwald & The Mountain Hostel enough. The place is so beautiful and stunning and it is a nice peaceful & relaxing. Here is a link to their website. http://www.mountainhostel.com/ I went there for 2 days and ended up staying for a week.
hurr111 is offline   Reply With Quote