The sticker lives... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
travelpunk
Admin

Default The sticker lives...

Imagine being in a foreign country and seeing the track marks of another TPunk? I'm sure a little feeling of warmth will travel up and down your spine.

I just got an email from an appreciative member that felt that instant warmth, so to speak, upon seeing the TravelPUNK sticker.

Read on:

Quote:
Ive been a member of this AWESOME site for awhile now and really love what you guys do! Anyway, I just got back from a 6 month trip in Hawaii, Guam, Saipan, and Palau.
I took a job as a lifeguard at a place called Pacific Islands Club in Guam and when they showed me to my room, there was a travelpunk sticker on the door. I felt so good about things after that because it made me feel like part of the Tpunk family.
So that being said, is there any way you could send me a Tpunk sticker or 2 for free as I have no paypal account and really no money for that matter. I am busking right now in san diego for money for a ticket to Ireland for my first eurotrip and I want to be recognized as a Tpunker by whoever else is a member. Thanks for listening. And keep on keepin on!

The impact that our family has on the travel community is bigger than we can imagine.

Thanks Jake for posting up that sticker, I'm assuming it was you as you were recently in Guam, or could it be someone else?

Thanks to all who have put up stickers around the world to spread the word, and also thanks to all of you who help keep the spirit of TravelPUNK alive!

travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Totally Tony!!! I've been tagging public transport everywhere I go. Most buses/trains are tagged all over the place, so I feel the sticker will stay instead of being pulled down by cleaning crews.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

Yeah! As soon as he had posted awhile back that he was working in Guam, I knew he'd eventually see that sticker. Turns out he lived in my room with my old roomie even!

Tpunk is for the nations man.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
expatben
lover of Germany

Next time I go on a trip remind me to pick up some Travel Punk stickers I wanna represent!

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

My only concern with the stickers is they don't seem to hold up to the weather as well as the original ones did. I put one of the new ones on my car as the old one had started to fade, and it is already in worse condition than the original which has been on my car for 5 years. The new one, maybe 6 months. I think it has something to do with whatever they are laminated with. But indoors, I am sure they will last for quite a while.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
travelpunk
Admin

Yeah, apparently they are better indoor stickers than outdoor.

However, I think it also depends on the outdoor weather because where I am at (California), my test sticker is holding up just fine after over a year, but where you are at and also Marc form the East Coast, the weather conditions aren't conducive to those stickers.

Either way, they can be replaced !
Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 AM   #7
glitterhairdye

Send a message via AIM to glitterhairdye

Going to Peru in 5 weeks. I should probably get some to put down there...
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
juliagulia
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Yeah, my sticker has been on my car since June/July and it's completely rubbed off. The rain will make it gray/black. The first time I noticed it I freaked out because I thought there was a fungus or something growing on my car (I have a white car).

The ones I have on random stuff like books hold up fine, though. I think they're just not waterproof. It only messes up in the rain for me.

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

I'm not complaining, or maybe I was, but was just pointing it out. So some one sticking it outdoors in London might not expect it to be there in a year.

Any possibility of getting them made of a similar material to what the originals were? Probably not a big deal, but who knows.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
juliagulia
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

Haha, okay, I hope I didn't come off as complain-y. I mean, they're stickers, not bumper stickers, so I really shouldn't have expected it. I use them more on other things, anyhow.

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #11
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

My goal for my Europe trip is to throw Celine a TP sticker, since I'm in the front row. During the encore, I'll throw it up there! In the very least, I will stick it SOMEWHERE in Schleyer-Halle in Stuttgart which is where she's performing.

I'm going to buy one sticker for each city I'm going to and try to come up with something creative to do with them. I might sharpie the date on there so if anyone else from here sees it they know it was me. I dunno. we'll see. I'll def take pics of each or even videotape the whole experience, as I am considering bringing my video camera with me to Europe to film all my ridiculous travels.

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #12
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

Oh goodness....we should have known that a sticker would be going to Celine!!!

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #13
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

I said in an earlier thread I might get arrested at the Celine concert for soliciting TP... that would be the ultimate cosmic joke.

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #14
hurr111
Members

I was in a Hostel in Florence Italy...The name escapes me right now, but I have it written down somewhere. It was a cool hostel with all this artwork and graffiti on the walls. Well after getting checked in, I walked out of my room and there on the wall in front of me was a T-Punk sticker. I took a photo of it and I will get it uploaded at some point.
hurr111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #15
joe7f
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

Hostal Archi Rossi?

--Joey

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
hurr111
Members

Yes!
hurr111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
travelpunk
Admin

Awesome guys!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 AM   #18
freespiritz
always trippin'

I am tempted to look up this hostel and said sticker now...

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #19
dudeman
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

Damn, I need some stickers too. I found a book a while back where you put "fuck" stickers on signs and turned them in. This is a few of what I got.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #20
joe7f
No one regrets traveling

Send a message via AIM to joe7f Send a message via Skype™ to joe7f

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritz View Post
I am tempted to look up this hostel and said sticker now...
It is on Via Faen by Firenze Centrali. Nice place

--Joey

Countries visited: USA, Netherlands, Norway, France, Switzerland, Germany, Spain (and Gibraltar), Italy, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, UK, Japan, Canada , Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Andorra, Croatia, Montenegro

Next up: Mongolia, China

"I sought trains; I found passengers" - Paul Theroux

Help Travelpunk's continued existence with a small donation
joe7f is offline   Reply With Quote