The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
Legitikick
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to Legitikick Send a message via Skype™ to Legitikick
Default The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

"
Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense.
"

Holy poop, there really are some wierdos in this world. Check this out: http://www.vhemt.org/
So Far: Peru, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Dominican Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Spain, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, England, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Morocco
Right Now: Grad schoolin' at the Columbia School of Int'l & Public Affairs
Next Up: The real world ... where one has to work, hopefully doing some sort of mediation/conflict resolution gig.
Legitikick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Esterina
french touch

There are numerous hilarious quotes, but this one, really...

Quote:
Do we have to stop having sex? Sex is the way most babies are started, but is sexual intercourse really the primary cause of human reproduction?
Or is it a secondary cause ???

And what about this slogan

Quote:
Everyone's a winner at the end of human race
a strategic plan

Quote:
If we spread life to other planets, wouldn't there be more chance for it to survive?
This is too funny, I've found more ! Here's a suggested alternative to someone who'd want children to "create a life which embodiees our love for each other" :

Quote:
Make a garden. Adopt a stream, trail, or hiway. Rescue animals. Protect & restore ecosystems to embody love.

people are people

Esterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

I think while total extinction is not a valid alternative that we definitely should reign in on the baby making. I plan on getting a big V before there are any lil thejake's running around. Not saying they wouldn't be awesome lil bastards but I firmly believe that as of right now there are plenty of kids in need of good homes and if I want a kid then that'll be the way to go.

I understand that the "need to breed" is inherent to nature but we are on a self-destruct course unless things change drastically.

I like to say "There's already been 6 billion little miracles in the world..."
I think that's enough...more than enough really
Old 10-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
lost in texas
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJake View Post
I agree, but there's always room for a few more. I'm definitely in no hurry, but I'm looking forward to being a father at some point. Adoption is definitely an admirable choice for people who decide to go that route, though.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

See I think the world could definitely do without your spawn....
Old 10-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
florencia9699
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in texas View Post
I agree, but there's always room for a few more. I'm definitely in no hurry, but I'm looking forward to being a father at some point. Adoption is definitely an admirable choice for people who decide to go that route, though.
I said it before, but I'll say it again: TPunk boyz are hot!!
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #7
Legitikick
TPunk Recognized

Yeah, although I don't think there should be any official regulation or anything on this stuff, I do think we should be socially responsible and only have a few kids. I'm also looking forward to having a few one day . . . a long ways down the road.
So Far: Peru, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Dominican Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Spain, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, England, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Morocco
Next Up: The real world ... where one has to work, hopefully doing some sort of mediation/conflict resolution gig.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:41 AM   #8
jengt
Hiked the Inca Trail

Ok, so I'm going to put a HUGE target on myself here...but...really folks, we know where babies come from. I get SO tired hearing people's sob stories when they put themselves in trouble. I work at OSU's Hospital billing department and I process applications for people who can't afford to pay their bills due to low income.

Case in point...A woman called me Friday, complaining that we actually wanted her to document her income. She was saying she didn't have time to find the information because she has 9 kids. That, and with buying formula, clothing, etc. she can't afford to pay the bill. Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I think after the first couple, she should have thought, Hmmm, this is expensive & time consuming, imagine what it would be like with NINE! So, no, I had no compassion for her. Having children is COMPLETELY voluntary! There are too many ways to avoid it!

I can't say that I agree that the human race, as a whole, should STOP having children. I DO agree that, with modern science, there really is no reason to be having children by the gross anymore.

I know that I'm not the nurturing type, so I don't have kids - and don't want to have kids. That's my choice.

Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer (an ad in the Smithsonian)

Travel is the enemy of bigotry.
jengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

9 kids??!!!!! The women should be sterilized.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
space virgin
Yoda

^ Women or woman?

(sorry Jamie, couldn't resist! )

9 spawn out of one vagina is terrifying.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
Legitikick
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengt View Post
Ok, so I'm going to put a HUGE target on myself here...but...
I totally agree.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 AM   #12
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
^ Women or woman?

(sorry Jamie, couldn't resist! )
Sorry Ms. Space Virgin, I'll do better next time. Please don't make me write on the chalk board.:D

Quote:
That is such an eloquent way of putting it.......

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Old 10-29-2007, 07:58 AM   #13
lost in texas
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by space virgin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveFreeorDie View Post
That is such an eloquent way of putting it.......
Yeah, that aint right. I plan on having dozens of children, but distributing them through multiple vaginas.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #14
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

^ How sensitive of you.....

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #15
my retro career
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJake View Post
I think while total extinction is not a valid alternative that we definitely should reign in on the baby making. I plan on getting a big V before there are any lil thejake's running around. Not saying they wouldn't be awesome lil bastards but I firmly believe that as of right now there are plenty of kids in need of good homes and if I want a kid then that'll be the way to go.

I understand that the "need to breed" is inherent to nature but we are on a self-destruct course unless things change drastically.

my oh my, jake,
how have you changed........

far gone were the puritan days of ol' jake....

welcome, the new Jake....
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #16
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Yeah, that aint right. I plan on having dozens of children, but distributing them through multiple vaginas.
So what would you say is the maximum recommended rate of utilization of a vagina distribution system? 3 births per unit? Wouldn't you expect that the delivery system would become more efficient with each birth? Unfortunately, the priming of the unit becomes more difficult over time. That's how I arrived at 3 - you need to consider both aspects. 9 is well in excess of recommended allowances and safe guards. It's amazing the system was able to keep functioning at all and that such high usage did not result in catastrophic failure.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #17
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

men are jerks!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
MolsonGirl
Drifter in the making.

(my keyboard is busted I apoloize)

Tecnically I'm pretty sure tat if it wernt for immeration Canada would ave a declinin population... it mite be NortAmerica in eneral ....

I will not say that your mulberry-trees are dead, but I am afraid they are not alive.
~ Jane Austen in a Letter (1811-05-31)
MolsonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #19
afterlife3
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to afterlife3

Im 21, a student, no job, not sure what I want to do with my life. I want babies now!! any takers?
"The enormity of our endeavor excaped us in those moments; all we could see was the dust on the road ahead and ourselves on the bike, devouring kilometers in our flight northward."- Ernesto Che Guevara

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page. -St. Augustine

http://www.travelpunk.com/boards/index.php..._album&album=14
afterlife3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #20
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Tecnically I'm pretty sure tat if it wernt for immeration Canada would ave a declinin population... it mite be NortAmerica in eneral ....
I think that is the case for most Western countries.