*UPDATE!* Apartment hunting-UGH... - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2
Default *UPDATE!* Apartment hunting-UGH...

I just need to say how frustrating it is to look for a new apartment! I have about ten days to find a place to be able to meet my goal of moving for December 1st! I don't think it's going to happen.

The roommate we currently have is not a bad guy...but that being said, he is driving me crazy. I really hate being a maid for grown men and this guy honestly hasn't washed a dish since I've moved in. I think I am just really over living with roommates. I have been on my own for so long that it's hard to get used to sharing my living space. Ya ya. I'm a spoiled brat. But also with a baby on the way, I just don't want to have to bother living with anyone other than my boyfriend.

Right now, he is driving to work about 40 minutes (each way) every day and for the amount of money he is spending on gas, I just think that we can live closer to his job, by ourselves for about the same amount of money. And the town we are currently living in is so small, there is absolutely nowhere for me to get a job. AND I NEED A JOB. So living in a bigger town will have more opportunity for me.

Well ya. So I have called a few places and left messages to get this apartment ball rolling. I just hope to find something this week! I need my sanity back.

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

where does your boyfriend work/where are you looking? Good luck with whatever you do! It really is so difficult to find a decent place for not-too-crazy-expenisve prices

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
Maineartist
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Maineartist

Good luck Benna I know it's hard.

It took a long time to find a place of my own. I looked at places last fall but didn't get one. It was one of my goals that just seemed a long way off with all my bills, commitments, etc, but I made a plan of action and then prayed.
To make a long story short I had nowhere to live and friends helped me. 2-3 months later I finally found the right place and for very cheap.
Have Faith.

Everything works out just in time.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
floyd242
Members

I don't know if craigslist is big where you are moving, but I've found my last 3 rental houses there (I move around town a lot, go figure).
floyd242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

I found the house I moved into in Las Vegas on Craigslist when I was still back in Detroit. God Bless the Internet.

Best of luck Benna, are you still in the DR?

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

No I'm not in the DR anymore. We still have the business there but my sister is running it.

The area I'm looking in is Stayner/Wasaga Beach, Ontario. I don't think there is a Craigslist for those areas as they aren't exactly thriving metropolises. I will just keep scanning the papers and see what I find!

Thanks!

Come visit me in the DR!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
wong name
Members

ya, i was gonna say goto craigslist. most of the time you can get a good deal.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
aliz
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

ugh.. i've gotta start that soon... its hard for me as well because the university housing we are living in now is contracted til the end of january - so I don't want to find a place early and have to pay rent in two places at once, but I don't want to leave it till january because there is always a huge rush for rental properties as everyone gets their offers for university and thousands of students suddenly need a cheap place close to uni! grrr.
It would suck to be on a time limit like you are benna. good luck with it!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Well I should change the UGH in the title to YAY! We found an apartment last night! It's a two bedroom, with a big kitchen (we didn't want one of those little "hallway apartment" kitchens) bathroom WITH a bathtub (another plus, I didn't want to bathe the baby in the kitchen sink!) a nice sized living room with original hardwood floors. The bedrooms are an ok size, I could always use a bigger bedroom, but I can live with it. There are laundry facilities literally three feet from our front door. The best thing is that rent is BELOW our budget!

We get the place December 1st and the landlords are going to have it painted and professionally cleaned before we move in. The current paintjob looked good to us but hey if they want to paint it, thats just better for us.

There is only one other apartment on the floor so noisy neighbours shouldn't be too much of a problem. The apartment is above a small gift shop so that should be fairly quiet too. I'm so excited, I'm tempted to start packing now!

Come visit me in the DR!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Well done!

Although, isn't is SAFER to start bathing your infant in the sink? A much more controllable area to maneuver with.

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Oh Laura you're so cute. You get one of those baby baths to put in the bathtub for when they are really little. But once they are big enough to sit, they can go in a bath seat.

Come visit me in the DR!