I've Been Around A Bit - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Introductions and Announcements

Introductions and Announcements Intro: First time here? "Say hello to my little friend..." Announcements: B-Days, special thanks, congrats, ..."You betta recognize!"

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
travlvirgin
Members

Cool I've Been Around A Bit

:D Its not what you think. lol.....My name is bianca. i started lurking around travelpunk about 3 yrs ago now. i have joined temporarily a few times to get some advice but now....I AM HERE TO STAY. i seemed to fade in and out for the past few years a few weeks smashing the boards but then i would disapear for a while. but this time im addicted my trip is really close now and i have to plan plan plan its nice to talk to people in the same boat and share the excitement. and i guess because i have been planning for so long (definately have OCD) i have alot of knowledge about certain places to go around. i figure it is only fare to give some back to the forum that has saved me many tears and alot of unanswered questions. I am excited about meeting everyone of you on my travels so we can share a few and want to thank everyone for all the help over the years. ill be hanging around much more so it would be lovely to chat. my situation at the moment is....

I just turned 18
Living in Australia (Gold Coast)
I have wanted to travel since...well ever
My first trip is next yr to europe for a yr (i have posted my itinerary)
I differed from uni to save save save so i can fund my trip (parents arent thrilled about that one) lol
After my trip to europe i would love to do an aid mission in africa or south america

apart from that i am in the same boat as many - just trying to create the trip of a lifetime..... over....and over.....and over.....lol and see as much as possible before my time is up.

if anyone needs info on italy in particular my mind is like a geographical filing cabinet. :D

ciao for now.

March 08 - March 09 Europe, Italy - Spain - Portugal - France - Switzerland - Belgium - Netherlands - Denmark - Germany - Sweeden - and where ever else life takes me
travlvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

Hey! Here's an official welcome to the pack! Let this be a lesson to all the other lurkers out there, we are here for you! Come out of hiding and join the fray!

Europe eh? Sweet! Are you going solo? Stickin to the hostel route and all that?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

It's good to see yet another Aussie kickin round the boards.

I've gotta tell you, I was nowhere near as adventurous as you at 18...not even close. Good on ya
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
travlvirgin
Members

yep solo for me. im just going to put my pack on and go for as long as i can. definately hostelling it. is there really any other way lol.

March 08 - March 09 Europe, Italy - Spain - Portugal - France - Switzerland - Belgium - Netherlands - Denmark - Germany - Sweeden - and where ever else life takes me
Old 09-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
freespiritz
always trippin'

Well...here's my official welcome to tpunk! Stick around and make the good times happen!

Definitely agree with the filing cabinet thing, and hope to cross paths in Italy - you could be my friggin' tour guide, seems like!

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
travlvirgin
Members

ahhaha in all honesty guys i actually think im a little ill. lol....i devote nearly every spare minute of my day to travel orientated stuff. i have litterally boxes and boxes of research and have handpicked all my hostels, train trips, i know the history to every place im visiting, and get this i have compiled a book. yes a book to take with me of every town i am visiting, prioritised hostels, monuments, events, have maps of that place in particular, a brief history of the place aswell (everything you can think of this book has). and to put it in perspective in italy alone i plan to visit about 80 odd towns. (you can imagine this book right) its like a disease ahahah. but what can i say i just love it.

I promise im not crazy just in love with the world

Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
travlvirgin
Members

i know somepeople think it takes all the fun out of travelling by planning stuff. you should just be spontanious. but i dont know how i would have gotton through the last few yrs of school and saving without reminding myself everyday what i have to look forward to . if that makes sense. i guess thats the reason why i do it....

(trying to legitemise my crazzzzzziness) lol

Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
TERI
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

welcome to TravelPunk!!! haha don't worry, you're not crazy in the least. I have made the same kind of book. mine even has hostels to stay away from,lol. you're going to have an amazing time. congrats on making it through the waiting this far.

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 AM   #9
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Welcome to the boards! I think it's great that you have so much knowledge on where you want to travel to~ it makes things a lot easier to pick & choose from when life happens & spontaneity hits & you completely throw away your perfectly planned trip to go somewhere cool with a random person you just met

It's great to have knowledge as your base, I admire you for it, I'm just saying that chances are you wont stick 100% "to plan" but you'll love every second of it.

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #10
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

welcome

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Nice you finally came out of the lurking zone Most of us are travel dorks, especially me, I do countless hours of research, and have all the info in a travel book of sorts as well. Plus I as well dedicated about 96.25789463% of my day to travel.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:52 AM   #12
travlvirgin
Members

:D :D :D YES. i thought i was weird . its strange when all your mates are talking about parties and uni and shopping and boyfriends and stuff and all i think about is travel. i just bought my backpack and camera, got my passport organised and am in the midst of booking flights. my mates think im nuts, that i should get a loan and buy a car instead pffftttttt . but it is so nice to finally talk to people that know how ya feel.

Thanks guys

Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #13
worldwidemike
TPunk Emeritus

I'm a big planner, too. Even if I'm heading somewhere for a short trip -- a week or less, I'll read the entire guidebook cover to cover. I'll be starting a section, thinking to myself, "This part of the country is so remote...I'll never get all the way out there." Yet, I'll keep reading and reading. You never know, you may find a place that is simply THE place that hits all your buttons. That's how I found out about the monasteries of Meteora in Greece.

So, if you've got this Italy trip all planned...you ARE going to the Amalfi Coast, riiight???

worldwidemike
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #14
noke_travel
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to noke_travel

welcome to tpunk! don't hesitate to ask any questions. there are plenty of experienced packers on here that can offer some great advice.

"I showed them...I'm still alive." Homer Simpson
noke_travel is offline   Reply With Quote