freaky random psychic guy - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 01-28-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
aliz
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz
Default freaky random psychic guy

Ok so this afternoon i was just lying around in the park, listening to my iPod, looking at the harbour, totally minding my own business when this random old guy came up to me and was like "Excuse me, are you european" I was like ahhh no I was born here. Then he was muttering about how european I looked. He asked how old I was and when I told him, he said "Aaah, so year of the rabbit... you're very cautious, you like to be alone" I'm thinking yeah good work genius, i'm sitting here by myself of course you're gonna think I like to be alone. By this point he'd sat himself down next to me, leaning against the same fence I was and just started going on about what kinda person I was and what kind of guys I should go for. Because apparently I'm a very romantic type. ok... he had a really thick accent of some sort so I couldn't understand half of what he was saying but basically what he told me was:
That guys called Ryan or Douglas would be a good match with me, but stay away from Andrew
Anyone whose name starts with A (so, including me) is a person who likes to be alone so I shouldn't try to have a relationship with another person whose name starts with A
That I should try to find guys who were born in 1979 or 1982, they would be very kind to me
and that I should learn german as it is a very useful language and becoming even more so in the future!
how weird is that? it was so random... and the guy was really annoying and I thought i wasn't going to be able to get rid of him but he basically just said what he wanted to say then left. sooo weird... has anyone else had anything like this happen?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
florencia9699
TPunk Emeritus

lol:

Oh well... at least you got some free advice!
Hahahaha, that is pretty pretty weird!

A guy once came up to me at the park and asked me if i was from Mexico (I was wearing a t-shirt that read "Cancun") he was Mexican, and he was pretty disappointed i wasnt.... he was studying filming here in Buenos Aires, and he pretty much talked to me while i stared back, sitting with all my studying photocopies and highliter, until he finaly took off.

But yours was deffinitely much weirder!
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
BigE
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

That sounds like something I would do.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
florencia9699
TPunk Emeritus

LOL, but this guy was strange... cause he would just ramble off... and all i got to do was just listen... he told me ALL about himself, then game me a little grass flower and took off. I guess he was just really hoping I was Mexican.

Or did you mean you always tell girls what their Chinise horoscope animal is, who to date and give them some short term advice?
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
BigE
TPunk Recognized

Well, I am a bit shy so I try to think of something very smart to say and I then sound like a weirdo when I am not. Of course I like to think I am not. But of course I could care less where a woman is from if she is hot.

-Confucius

Israel - Summer (TBA)
Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
freespiritz
always trippin'

I had some guy like that come into the craft shop where I was working back in Malaysia (on my last day too!). He was rambling on about all these bright sources of energy and kind of walked around the shop trying to pinpoint them...he ended up selecting the big old carved mirror and a vase that my coworker had painted, as well as a painted stone bug.

And then he said that I had an amazing source of energy and asked what I had eaten that day and I said "chocolate", so he closed his eyes for a bit and pondered, and stated that I was one of those people who chocolate was good for. That's great, I thought.

He also wrote down this little mantra of positive thoughts for me to say to myself three times a day to focus my energy or something. I never did.

Was an interesting way to end the job, though.

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Great stories. I love odd-person stories. I was in this little dive bar one time in the town where I used to live. It was this dingy little basement bar that had a bit of a hippieish vibe to it. Anyway, I was hanging out at the bar with a buddy of mine, when this really odd dude comes walking over towards us with this big, ancient looking book in his hand. He walks up to this girl who was sitting just on the other side of my friend and says "would you like to see my book of eyes?" Just like that, no introduction, no preamble, nothing. So, she says sure. So he opens up this book and on every page are different pen and ink illustrations of eyes and eye balls, some colored, but most not and people had written comments on some of the illustrations as well. So we all kind of peered over her shoulder while she flipped through it. Then she basically handed it back, said "very nice" and that was it. He wandered around a bit more, showing some other people and than wandered off to wherever he came from. It was all rather curious. Me and my buddy still bring it up from time to time......'the guy with the book of eyes'......:D

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
BigE
TPunk Recognized

Ok. I'm not that weird.

-Confucius

Israel - Summer (TBA)
Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
freespiritz
always trippin'

"Book of eyes"..I like that. Maybe I should start my own. :D

Check out my band!
freespiritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #10
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Freaky, eh. The big question is, have you met a Douglas or Ryan in the few hours that have passed since?
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #11
aliz
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

haha, lauren, no. but don't worry, i'm on the lookout. also for people born in 1979 or 1982... kinda old for me but apparently they're the ones! lol.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
space virgin
Yoda

I have a novel planned for all of the stories of weirdos that have wandered across my path. Working for the temp agency for a long time brought me to a bizarre intersection of humanity, but I'm rather fond of talking to the crazies. Oh, and the King County Metro system is great for it too... I call it the "four-wheeled feast of human freakishness".

Here's a small sample off the top of my head:
-The guy who came home from work early one day, caught his lover inflagrante delicto, couldn't get their attention because of their-- how shall I put this delicately-- enthusiasm, lit the bedsheets on fire in pure rage, ran out of the house, bought the cheapest car he could find ($50) and decided to drive it as far as it would go (Seattle). From Manhattan. He told me this while I was interviewing him for a bartending job.
-Apropos of nothing, a lady I was interviewing interrupted me to say that I'd been "marked by a god" because of a small dark spot on the iris of my right eye. Er.... mmkay.
-The sadhu in India who wanted to tell me my future-- "for one life or three lives madam?" -- and then insisted he was the "real thing" because of his personal connections with Goldie Hawn and Michael Jackson... not exactly a ringing endorsement. But yeah, I let him say what he wanted to say.

Last edited by space virgin; 01-28-2007 at 05:56 PM.
space virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
tumblezweedz
TPunk Emeritus

I remember a conversation with a Russian woman in a train compartment - she was interested in the Chinese horoscope and started telling the fortunes of all her fellow travelers. I'm Year of the Monkey, which pretty much rocks, as these things go, and she rambled on about how great my life was and would continue to be. Then she turned to this Italian guy next to her, and when she found out he was Year of the Rat, she sort of groaned and said, Oh I'm so sorry, then proceeded to tell him how disastrous his life would be, how he was sure to have nervous collapse, his daughter (also a Rat) would have nervous issues, etc. By the end of the conversation he was chewing his nails rather serverely...

I also had a long and bizarre conversation with a Chinese artist that I met at a street festival in Liechtenstein, but it was cool.

tumblezweedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #14
lost in texas
TPunk Recognized

A while back I was staying at this place where I had to share a double room with a random older guy. He gets really drunk and wants to do a "numerology" reading for me. He takes the number values of my name and birthday and starts scribbling all these patterns and things on a piece of paper. When he's done he looks really sad and starts shaking his head. "I'm so sorry, man..." it's like he's afraid to say anything and actually starts crying! "This going to be a hard year for you, you're going to go through the hardest time of your life and the pain will be unbearable..." He goes on for a while before finally apologizing and wishing me luck.

It was very weird, and a little scary too. Needless to say I slept somewhere else that night. But that was a couple years ago, and if I've really gone through the hardest time of my life already- the rest should be cake.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #15
juliagulia
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

There was this guy who came to eat at Phillips and told me that my face indicated that I was pregnant, and that my tongue indicated I needed to have more bowel movements a day (ehem.. he recommended three...).

BTW.. I wasn't pregnant.

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #16
blinkchick2134
TPunk Emeritus

My personal favorite is a guy at Bonnaroo in 2005 that came up to me while I was sitting on the ground watching people play with these motion-sensored firefly poles. I'm pretty sure he was on some kind of mind-altering substance but it was interesting all the same.

He petty much told me that anyone who sits alone needs a friend and that he was sent to be my friend for the period of time. He started asking me if I knew his wife, who had apparently went to another area of the venue to see a band play - when I respondsd 'no' he proceeded to ask me three or four more times. Finally he thanked me for my energy and gave me a five-minute hug.

Actually I was feeling kinda lonely at the moment and that cheered me up a lot. A few minutes later a few guys from Texas happened by and offered to smoke me up - we were then joined by a guy who said he was tripping on 5 hits of acid, a 1/4 of shrooms and molly. I love Roo.

OOOO - my favorite favorite Roo people story. I was walking around with a friend I'd made. We were listening to DJ Sasha finish up his set and we see this long-hair hippie fellow basically sleep walking. As in he'd walk a few steps - kinda stumble with his eyes closed and walk again. Eventually we worked his way over towards where we were seated and we offered him a seat. He offered to smoke us up and fell asleep THREE TIMES while packing the bowl. Then we figured out none of us had a lighter...so we asked a guy walking by who did have one. So our sleepy friend passed out again mid-sentence to the new guy and the new guy turns to us and goes is he your friend? We go 'nah he just kinda sat down with us five minutes ago, and we just met each other 3 hours ago' and the new guy goes 'well, that's roo for you' - then we all went our seperate ways. Ta-he I love that story!

"If I had a kid I'd f**k it. Then kill it. Then f**k it again." Seattle 2006

blog of travels and such
flickr

Currently located in HAWAII

Been to: Alaska, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Hawaii, Spain, Switzerland - - also meetups in Chicago, LA, and Seattle
blinkchick2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #17
Ostara
Members

Random Psychic Story:
actually, random atrologers.
While waitressing in nyc, this really sweet couple pulled me aside and told me that I have a very old soul. They asked my sign and my birth year and then proceeded to tell me that I would live a long life and as long as I did not divert too far from my chosen path I would be very happy. They said my soul had been through many lives and is mainly very masculine (as is my sign and my star) they offered to do my whole chart for me, but I settled for a nice tip.

~Even the fear of death is nothing compared to the fear of not having lived authentically and fully.

~Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen.
Ostara is offline   Reply With Quote