Booyah! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
DJ_VeeeNoM
Members

Send a message via AIM to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via MSN to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_VeeeNoM
Angry

Okie We just had the best Idea ever! (Actually we have been cultivating this idea ever since I got my Arse to FL)
The plan is simple in 2 months we will be heading West, How?
We have no clue.
From where?
No Clue!

But we know that we can do it very very much!
Why?
Well it's Court and I we are talking about here so let's not lie. We are one of the most hardcore S.O.B's in here.
Now what I was wondering is if any of you guys would be up to join us?

I must say I've been booked for Emergenza and all but I can pass that, or whatever the thing is I want to do this and I really want to know who the hell would be up to join us.

Oh and so you get interested I can play any song on the Harmonica (IronMan, Mutter, Zwitter, Pink Panther you say it I can play it)
Old 09-08-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
olabueno
T-PUNK SPECIAL FORCES

WTF? What are you even trying to say?

Please don't think I'm a dick, but I frequently use your posts in my English I, II classes as daily language workouts (grammar, conventions, usage, etc.). So in a way, thank you. They get bored with the grammar books.

I'm really just busting your chops a little.

"We're only gonna die from our own arrogance, that's why we mine as well take our time" - Bradly Newell
olabueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
patchouli Lover
TPunk Emeritus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(olabueno @ Sep 8 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]138907[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Please don't think I'm a dick, but I frequently use your posts in my English I, II classes as daily language workouts (grammar, conventions, usage, etc.). So in a way, thank you. They get bored with the grammar books.

I'm really just busting your chops a little.
[/b]
Ya he confuses the hell out me all the time. All I got from that post is that him and court are heading west.

"At the center of your being you have the answer; You know who you are and you know what you want. "
-Lao-tzu

patchouli Lover on myspace

patchouli Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

Hey man that sounds awesome! I'd love to meet up with you in AZ.

I've been wanting to kick you in the balls for awhile now and this will be a great opportunity!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Come on now, he might annoy you, but there's no need to be snipey and nasty. I was under the impression that that's not what TravelPunk is all about.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

No you're right lauren.

Let's get together DJ.....seriously.... Death Valley is awesome this time of year....
Old 09-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

^hahahahah.... dick..... hahahaha

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
patchouli Lover
TPunk Emeritus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lauren313 @ Sep 8 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]138966[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Come on now, he might annoy you, but there's no need to be snipey and nasty. I was under the impression that that's not what TravelPunk is all about.
[/b]
I wasn't being snipey or nasty.

"At the center of your being you have the answer; You know who you are and you know what you want. "
-Lao-tzu

Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patchouli Lover @ Sep 8 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]138989[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I wasn't being snipey or nasty.
[/b]
Sorry, it wasn't directed at you, I should have specified. Don't be offended!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #10
patchouli Lover
TPunk Emeritus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lauren313 @ Sep 8 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]138991[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Sorry, it wasn't directed at you, I should have specified. Don't be offended!
[/b]

I'm not. I'm just glad I wasn't coming off that way

-Lao-tzu

Old 09-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #11
c0urt
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to c0urt Send a message via MSN to c0urt Send a message via Yahoo to c0urt

ummm, yeah.......so

what he was trying to say is we are debating heading as far west as possible from key west florida, so essintially going from key west up to alaska, kinda a coast to coast thing.

as for a method we havent come up with one, we are thinking hitching but not sure yet, my vote is for doing it on bicycles, we will see how that goes

and please excuse my grammar and stuffs, i have a headache from work.

the new and improved stupidhurts.org
c0urt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #12
IDDQD
Assistant to the Manager

Send a message via MSN to IDDQD

Man...do it on bicycles! Best stories EVER! How long would that take though? Some guys recently hopped on their long boards and rode all the way across Canada and it took several months. Obviously a bike is faster...but not that much faster.

I vote for the bikes......

OH awesome thought. How about you let the Tpunks decide how you get across the country. Start a poll or something, that would be great. If you actually do whatever everyone decides it would be so rad.

....And then it's just hilarious
IDDQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #13
DJ_VeeeNoM
Members

Send a message via AIM to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via MSN to DJ_VeeeNoM Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_VeeeNoM

Hmm... Let's get one thing understood, normally I'm drunk or whatever.
Yet that would not be an excuse for this one because I have been sober since I left to Puerto Rico a couple of weeks ago.

Either way, I don't get pissed easy and honestly, I could care less.

Now on another note; yes it's pretty much what Court added in. I'm not totally bought into the bike thing because, well, I'm all for the skates. I did it on the East coast, so who can tell me I won't be able to do it again?

Oh and Jake, why so hostile? sounds like you have some sort of trauma caused by someone you identify/relate me with. So chill the Hemoroid issue will be solved with time and a little pomade.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #14
patchouli Lover
TPunk Emeritus

Do Bikes you could camp along the way! Plus the scenery is cool. Actaully you could do both bikes and hitchhiking! Just hitch rides with those who drive trucks :D

You know I never thought as hitchhiking as a means of travel till this site came into my life. I was always told don't ever do it or pick someone up. Not sure if I would do it in the States (at least not with someone with me) but I might in certain places in Europe

-Lao-tzu

Old 09-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #15
DJ_VeeeNoM
Members

Which trucker would pick-up 2 dudes with 2 bikes? trucks are big but not insane huge! besides... A person with no escape is much safer than a person with a vehicle (from a idiotic point of view).
Old 09-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #16
patchouli Lover
TPunk Emeritus

When I say trucks I meant pick-up trucks or surburbans or whatever. Not truckers. But actually my cousin is a trucker and she knows a lot of dudes who would pick up other dudes in exchange for some lovin'. You and c0urt could exchange your services for rides :D

-Lao-tzu

Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #17
DJ_VeeeNoM
Members

Ahhhh! No! Wait I could be Courts Pimp! Hells yeah!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #18
xanthuos

Send a message via AIM to xanthuos Send a message via MSN to xanthuos Send a message via Yahoo to xanthuos

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lauren313 @ Sep 8 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]138966[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
That can be lost on many members. I'm glad someone said it.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #19
The Monsignor
Don't cut the red wire...

Send a message via MSN to The Monsignor Send a message via Yahoo to The Monsignor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patchouli Lover @ Sep 8 2006, 05:58 PM) [snapback]139020[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When I say trucks I meant pick-up trucks or surburbans or whatever. Not truckers. But actually my cousin is a trucker and she knows a lot of dudes who would pick up other dudes in exchange for some lovin'. You and c0urt could exchange your services for rides :D
[/b]
you know.. "It's in the unwritten book of the road..."

Make war, not love! It's safer!

The Monsignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #20
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Seriously deej this is the first time any of your posts have made any sense at all. Thank you for typing with clarity. I will refrain from the ball kicking and step it back to something more mild..... i kinda promise.