Sleep at Gatwick - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > General Travel Tips, Education, Advice > General Travel Tips and Advice

General Travel Tips and Advice Have you traveled before?- Please share your tips and advice with fellow Tpunks!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 08-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
travelchick75
Sex and the City Guru

Send a message via MSN to travelchick75

Hey all,

Well i booked my flight from london to belfast for Sunday September 10. I booked it on sunday instead of saturday cause it was like 40 pounds cheaper. The only problem is that i only booked accomodation from the 6th till the 9th and check out time is at 11. Seeing as i booked an early flight on easy jet i have the option of checking in at 8:00 p.m the night before and drop of my luggage. But that still leaves me buggering around london with my gynormous pack. I dunno should i just pay to store my luggage at the airport till check in time and sleep at the airport or book another night at a hostel for a ridiculous rate (damn weekends) keeping in mind that i meeting my family at the airport and dont wanna look like a complete pile of shit seeing as this is the first time ive seen them in a while. Is it totally horrible sleeping at airports?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
travelchick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
xtremefx

Send a message via ICQ to xtremefx Send a message via AIM to xtremefx Send a message via MSN to xtremefx Send a message via Yahoo to xtremefx Send a message via Skype™ to xtremefx

sleep at the airport...or find another hostel...that is cheaper...and surely they will look after your luggage while you go out or something...you could walk round london a bit at early hours in morning and there must be somewhere you can put your pack in comfort of knowing its safe,but the early hours walking round london is a nice thing,ive done it...ok i was with some friends,but meh...i could meet you and hang around with you if ya wanted...but after reading my 289 posts you might not want to...meh,up to you,you have so many decisions to be honest

¬_¬
xtremefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
travelchick75
Sex and the City Guru

Haha Im always down for a meetup. If you feel like keeping me company on the 9th that would be great. I was thinking of maybe taking a day trip to brighton or something or maybe actually taking a day to see all that london has to offer. Seeing as i dont know how much sightseeing ill be able to do the first couple of days im there.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
xtremefx

Send a message via ICQ to xtremefx Send a message via AIM to xtremefx Send a message via MSN to xtremefx Send a message via Yahoo to xtremefx Send a message via Skype™ to xtremefx

nah nah nah,not brighton..sorry :-S and what time...just out of curiosity??????...i may have something planned...and some alone time for me and my friend might be wanted...but we can meet up with you...things are so damn confusin...sorry...yer...time :-S

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...headache... damn work

¬_¬
Old 08-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
travelchick75
Sex and the City Guru

haha no worries i'll probably just do some sightseeing all i know is that check out time at my hostel is 11 and i can check in for my flight at 8:00p.m Not sure what im gonna do lol but sleeping at gatwick seems like a viable option now and they have showers there which makes me pretty happy lol
Old 08-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

I've slept in Gatwick airport, there's heaps of lounges to crash on so it's not a bad sleep at all. The constant announcements over the loud speakers get a little annoying though, so make sure you have your MP3 player with you.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #7
Brookers13
Ohio State's #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to Brookers13 Send a message via MSN to Brookers13

i can sleep absolutely anywhere so id say sleep at gatwick...i sat at airports for like 11 hours to save money but thats just me! haha

"I wanna be there, I wanna go back down and get high by the sea there, with a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine, and ill be chewin' on a honeysuckle vine...." - Jimmy
Brookers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 AM   #8
xtremefx

what time do you check in on teh saturday morning at gatwick????...and if your going for the sun morn then im more than willin to hang out alllllllllllllll of saturday night/sunday morning till your flight and if you wanted you could leave your sack at the hostel im staying at then we can get it before you go to gatwicko,i could meet up during the day bout 3/4 if ya want...

¬_¬
Old 08-28-2006, 04:45 AM   #9
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Seeing as i booked an early flight on easy jet i have the option of checking in at 8:00 p.m the night before and drop of my luggage. But that still leaves me buggering around london with my gynormous pack.[/b]
BTW - I take this last sentence to mean you intend to carry your pack on the plane? You may want to keep a close eye on the carry-on rules because as of right now carry-on rules in the UK limit you to a very small, brief-case sized carry-on and only one carry-on per person. You may have to check your pack, just keep that in mind. Good luck!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #10
BelfastFlyer
celebrating jacks b-day!

sleeping in gatwick is fine I've done it and theres always a crowd of others doing the same.

Plus call me a freak but I like running around big buildings late at night!
BelfastFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #11
travelchick75
Sex and the City Guru

Quote:
BTW - I take this last sentence to mean you intend to carry your pack on the plane? You may want to keep a close eye on the carry-on rules because as of right now carry-on rules in the UK limit you to a very small, brief-case sized carry-on and only one carry-on per person. You may have to check your pack, just keep that in mind. Good luck![/b]
Lol nope im still checking my luggage. If you book a flight that leaves before 8:30 a.m on easyjet you have to option of checking in at 8:00 p.m the night before meaning that i can check my bag in so i dont have to haul it around.

Quote:
what time do you check in on teh saturday morning at gatwick????...and if your going for the sun morn then im more than willin to hang out alllllllllllllll of saturday night/sunday morning till your flight and if you wanted you could leave your sack at the hostel im staying at then we can get it before you go to gatwicko,i could meet up during the day bout 3/4 if ya want...[/b]
Haha im in! Sounds like a plan. Ive got nothing of importance planned for saturday. Just PM and we'll figure something out.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:21 PM   #12
xtremefx

ok,ill have my guitar and mini amp...we could "sneak" into hyde park and play

¬_¬
Old 08-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #13
travelchick75
Sex and the City Guru

Woohoo im down lol Hyde park supposed to be beautiful.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #14
xtremefx

hmmm...will we need a torch though???...now i know its illegal,but do you think we could make a small camp fire,i could play kum by ya and you could sing...might need to go to tescos to get some hot chocolate and marshmallows,lol,should be awesome

¬_¬